• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

getting a #1 ffl, state business requirements?

Metalhead47

imported post

i was looking up whats involved in getting a dealer ffl, mostly jjust out of curiosity. i've found plenty on whats involved with the license its self, but whats nescessary for the state (specifically wa) requirements, as it pertains to a "place of business" and operating such?

sirpuma

imported post

You need to get a Master Business license, then a City Business license (if you live in a city), or a Residential Business license (depending on city/county), or Administrative Conditional Use Permit (depending on city/county). Then you get your FFL (Federal Firearms License) as either Dealer or Manufacturer (depending on type of business you intend to do). Finally, after getting all that you can get your State Firearms Dealers License.

You must have all these to conduct any business in firearms in Washington. All business must be conducted at the location listed on the license with the only exception being Gun Shows.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.100
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.110

See 9.41.100 and 9.41.110 for the laws concerning operating a business in firearms.

Metalhead47

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
You need to get a Master Business license, then a City Business license (if you live in a city), or a Residential Business license (depending on city/county), or Administrative Conditional Use Permit (depending on city/county). Then you get your FFL (Federal Firearms License) as either Dealer or Manufacturer (depending on type of business you intend to do). Finally, after getting all that you can get your State Firearms Dealers License.

You must have all these to conduct any business in firearms in Washington. All business must be conducted at the location listed on the license with the only exception being Gun Shows.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.100
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.110

See 9.41.100 and 9.41.110 for the laws concerning operating a business in firearms.

thanx, thats what i was looking for. im guessing all the same state hoops apply even if i only want the #1 ffl to order firearms directly to myself & never attempt to sell one, yes?

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

and you forfeit any rights you may think you have.

government can enter you property anytime they want.

Metalhead47

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
and you forfeit any rights you may think you have.

government can enter you property anytime they want.
That did occur to me. Would they be able to "inspect":quirky the entire property or just the building where "business" was conducted?

Squeak

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
you own it they search it
Not 100% sure, but, don't think so. I have an 'in home business '( no gun selling) and all I had to get was a tax #. Now this was in 1980, so I reckin they changed a little. An in home business is a little more forgiving.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

firearms are totally different. they have a right to search anyplace you own. and you cant do shit. by getting a ffl you give the govt the key to your life

Metalhead47

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
firearms are totally different. they have a right to search anyplace you own. and you cant do @#$%. by getting a ffl you give the govt the key to your life
OK, so you're saying for instance the guy who own Sam's guns in Everett can have his private home (wherever that is) searched?

As someone else said, can we get some references here to actual law?