• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ValleyRide

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I went on what I call a "freedom" walk today. Its when you simply walk down the street in an effort to get local law enforcement and the public used to seeing people carrying guns. I chose to walk through Garden City and into Boise a bit. I had one officer approach to say "hello" and she was very cordial. Never asked for any information from me, we just chatted a bit and she told me to have a good day. Good encounters like these are what I live for.

I was too tired to walk back to my scooter, so I decided to hop on the bus. Immediately I noticed the "No Weapons" sign and chose to ignore it. I did my research on this last year, but basically Valley Ride is owned by Valley Regional Transportation Authority, which is set up under state law and publicly funded. I can find nothing in state law giving them the authority to regulate handgun carry.

I took photographs of the unlawful sign, and will post them soon. I decided to contact those in charge to let them know their sign is in violation of Idaho Constitution Article 1 Section 11 and SB1441. She did not take my number or information but said "she would have it looked into". She didn't sound very sincere.

The address for Valley Regional Transit is 830 N. Main St., Suite 230, Meridian, ID 83642. The main telephone number is (208) 846-8547.

Executive Director: Kelli Fairless - ext. 4212

As I got off the bus, I approached the driver and informed him that it was against state law as well. I made sure he could see I was armed. He told me to "Get the * off the bus now" and he proceded to pick up his phone and dial 911. I simply said "Thank you for your time sir, please let your bosses know that I will be openly breaking this policy until the matter is resolved." I left the bus and then began walking the rest of the way back. I never did see the result of his 911 call as I went about my business.

I've identified over 60 statues still on the books that are unenforceable across Idaho. While we continue to foster good relations, we need to also work to bring these government entities into compliance with the law. Give Kelli a call and let her know where you stand on the issue.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
and the rest of the number is, besides the extension....

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
The address for Valley Regional Transit is 830 N. Main St., Suite 230, Meridian, ID 83642. The main telephone number is (208) 846-8547.

Executive Director: Kelli Fairless - ext. 4212

;)

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Of course. I'm writing a letter to them when I get a chance and have had time to think of what to say.

I got a response back about your police report too...nothing to report they said. :celebrate