• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greed can get you killed.

zack991

imported post

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/aug/26/business-owner-shoots-at-intruder-early/

Business owner shoots at intruder early Wednesday

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CORPUS Texas

A man sleeping at his business in the 6700 block of Weber Road fired several shots at a man who busted the front door glass about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, police said.

Police later found a maroon Chevrolet Suburban backed up to the shop’s door with a large flat screen TV on the ground, police said in a news release. Police suspect the man attempted to re-enter the store to get another TV when the owner shot at him, the release said. A witness heard the shots and a man shout that he was shot.

About an hour later, a 33-year-old man walked into Bay Area Hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound on his hand, Capt. Todd Green said.

He was placed under police guard pending possible burglary charges, Green said.

The owner’s weapon was taken by police for evidence processing.

John Wolver

imported post

and did the police issue him another weapon since they took his protection, then put it in the news he was defenseless? or will the station a police officer at his business till they get his back to him?

zack991

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
and did the police issue him another weapon since they took his protection, then put it in the news he was defenseless? or will the station a police officer at his business till they get his back to him?
you can't rely on the police for your or mine protection. I hope He has a second weapon to temp replace the one taken.