Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: OC Man Cuffed and Detained at Murrieta Walmart

  1. #1
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Read this on the Calguns forum. I haven't UOC'ed at this Walmart, but I have UOC'ed at the Temecula Walmart (next closest store) just this week, I had no problems...nobody noticed. Apparently this guy wasn't as 'lucky'.

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=217350
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  2. #2
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Just called the Murrieta Walmart and talked with one of their managers. She would not give any specifics on the incident, but did confirm this store's policy is not different than the corporate Walmart policy. So to confirm I asked her again if it was OK to open carry in their store. She said yes.

    (also posted thisin the cgf thread).
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  3. #3
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    638

    Post imported post

    If this person was illegally detained, maybe this Walmart ought to be our next UOC event?!

    A little public education never hurt anyone.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

  4. #4
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    I usually don't shop at Wally World™. Not enough products made in the U.S.A. are sold there.

    Add that to the fact that it is all the way out in Murietta... I don't know...
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    148

    Post imported post

    demnogis wrote:
    I usually don't shop at Wally World™. Not enough products made in the U.S.A. are sold there.

    Add that to the fact that it is all the way out in Murietta... I don't know...
    I concur. Unfortunately most clothing is made overseas, so I take target over wally.

    Even further I try to buy ammo at small businesses, even if it's a buck extra.

  6. #6
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    At this point we don't know if it was a Walmartemployee who called the law, it could have been a customer. Let's find out the facts first, Pullnshoot sent in a FOIA form (I think). If this guy was legally UOC'ing and was harassed by the Murrieta PD, then that's where we go. Until then let's wait for the facts. But guys, listen, we have toexercise our rightswhere its needed, not where its convenient.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    I agree with the above post and wish I wasn't so far away I would join you there.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Folsom, , USA
    Posts
    389

    Post imported post

    Well assuming the facts are that...

    1.Black man walks into walmart with LAPD souvenir hat.

    2. He is lawfully open carrying.

    3. Walmart calls the cops because they think it's against their policy.

    4. Police unlawfully detain or arresthim and run a serial number check on his weapon.

    5. Edit addition- The man was not asked to leave the store, he was not trespassing.

    Then this seems like not only an infringement on this man's rights, yet racial profilling as well.


  9. #9
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    Well assuming the facts are that...

    1.Black man walks into walmart with LAPD souvenir hat.

    2. He is lawfully open carrying.

    3. Walmart calls the cops because they think it's against their policy.

    4. Police unlawfully detain or arresthim and run a serial number check on his weapon.

    5. Edit addition- The man was not asked to leave the store, he was not trespassing.

    Then this seems like not only an infringement on this man's rights, yet racial profilling as well.
    how in the hell do you get racial profiling?

    was he OCing because he is black? or because he cant get a permit to CC?

    this kind of stuff happens to OCers often and every where!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    coolusername2007 wrote:
    Pullnshoot sent in a FOIA form (I think)
    Expect they'll follow the anti-citizen playbook and claim there is an ongoing investigation and they don't have to reveal jack feces to anyone. PRAR (Public Records Act Request), btw.

  11. #11
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    2, 4, 5 A Defender, California's firearms laws are racially motivated. The Mulford Act of 1967/1968 for example, is what gave us P.C. §12031. I can easily believe that because the person in question was UOCing and was black is why the police were called. Murrietta is conservative cow country. They're not called stereotypes without a reason.

    2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    ...
    Then this seems like not only an infringement on this man's rights, yet racial profilling as well.
    how in the hell do you get racial profiling?

    was he OCing because he is black? or because he cant get a permit to CC?

    this kind of stuff happens to OCers often and every where!
    On a side note, I will not refer to black people as African-American; they are American just like everyone born and raised here. I believe further compartmentalizing nationality by race is racist. Only would I refer to a first generation African who has earned citizenship in our country as an African-American (and they're not all black!).
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  12. #12
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    i see your point, we in wash had black panthers too, you got 12031, we got 9.41.270. and then there is the afro/african american nomenclature. obama is not afro; he is first generation. his dad was from kenya. they like to say hes the first black pres but hes half white too. i thought clinton was the first black pres!

    there is more to the story of this OCer at walmart, cant wait to read about it.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  13. #13
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Iknow how to find outif this was racial profiling, at least anecdotally? We need to find this guy and ask him how many times he UOC'ed before being detained. Most everyone here has the same experience, you have to UOC quite a bit before anybody notices and calls the law. If this was his first UOC that would speak volumes don't you think?
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  14. #14
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    coolusername2007 wrote:
    Iknow how to find outif this was racial profiling, at least anecdotally? We need to find this guy and ask him how many times he UOC'ed before being detained. Most everyone here has the same experience, you have to UOC quite a bit before anybody notices and calls the law. If this was his first UOC that would speak volumes don't you think?
    Not really. Bobbarker UOCed his first time in Oceanside on July 4th, 2008 and was arrested for it. I actually don't know what race bobbarker is, but I'm assuming he's white...just like...Bob Barker.

  15. #15
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    bigtoe416 wrote:
    coolusername2007 wrote:
    Iknow how to find outif this was racial profiling, at least anecdotally? We need to find this guy and ask him how many times he UOC'ed before being detained. Most everyone here has the same experience, you have to UOC quite a bit before anybody notices and calls the law. If this was his first UOC that would speak volumes don't you think?
    Not really. Bobbarker UOCed his first time in Oceanside on July 4th, 2008 and was arrested for it. I actually don't know what race bobbarker is, but I'm assuming he's white...just like...Bob Barker.
    That may not be a correct assumption. Plus for those who don't know Oceanside PD can be aggressive, there are plenty of seedy areas in Oceanside and adding the Camp Pendleton base into the mix means they are all over anything that raises their eyebrows.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    489

    Post imported post

    ourmanthejoker wrote:
    demnogis wrote:
    I usually don't shop at Wally World™. Not enough products made in the U.S.A. are sold there.

    Add that to the fact that it is all the way out in Murietta... I don't know...
    I concur. Unfortunately most clothing is made overseas, so I take target over wally.

    Even further I try to buy ammo at small businesses, even if it's a buck extra.




    the Mossberg 500 are made in the USA :P i just bought one from walmart here in GA 207$ 221$ OTD

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Harrah, Oklahoma
    Posts
    769

    Post imported post

    I just OCd solo for the first time today. I had to drive all the way up to Ridgecrest CA to check on my brother. I suspected my mothers woman/child beating boyfriend was there again. As he has threatened my life once before I felt bringing my perfered method of self defense was warranted.

    I drove all the way up from San Diego (painstakingly following all the gun laws which protect us from criminals :?) to Ridgecest. About a 3.5 hour drive. Along the way I made 2 stops, an AM PM in Murrieta and an AM PM at Kramer junction. No problems or questionsat either.

    I spent 30 mins at my mothers house with no problems and then headed home.

    On my way home I realized my recorder was dying so I stopped at Murrieta Walmart. I was only in there for about 5-10 mins and for no apparent reason grown men started ******* their pants, unborn children self aborting and woman screaming hysterically (all due credit to whoever said this first). Just kidding I had no problems and made it home safe and sound.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    51

    Post imported post

    Streetbikerr6 .... you need to quit assuming. We all know that phase that goes along with ASS-U-ME. Sometimes your ignorance really glistens in your posts.

  19. #19
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    ConsideringOC wrote:
    Streetbikerr6 .... you need to quit assuming. We all know that phase that goes along with ASS-U-ME.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqUwyHseg4



  20. #20
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stanislaus County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,586

    Post imported post

    chewy352 wrote:
    I just OCd solo for the first time today....
    What's with the off-topic necro-bump? I'm sure many of us want to hear about your OC experiences, but what does this have to do with someone being cuffed and detained at Murrieta Walmart?

    Please, feel free to create a new thread rather than posting off-topic in a thread that has been dead for more than a month...
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org


    Don't Tread On Me.

  21. #21
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    CA_Libertarian wrote:
    chewy352 wrote:
    I just OCd solo for the first time today.... so I stopped at Murrieta Walmart.
    What's with the off-topic necro-bump? I'm sure many of us want to hear about your OC experiences, but what does this have to do with someone being cuffed and detained at Murrieta Walmart?

    Please, feel free to create a new thread rather than posting off-topic in a thread that has been dead for more than a month...
    Well, he mentioned the Murrieta Wal-Mart. Isn't that close enough for on-topic purposes, CAL?

    BTW, what's the time limit on posting to a thread? One month?

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fresno, California, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    I don't think streetbiker's assumption really makes an ass out of anyone. He didn't use the word 'assume' to mean he was assuming a particular fact about the occurrence - he's merely stating that judging by the given facts, this is his conclusion. When drawing a conclusion from a set of given facts, it is in fact ALWAYS assumed that there is no more information. He could have completely left out the word assume, but he probably stated it do reiterate the automatically accepted fact that there is a good possibility that we don't have all the facts.

    Whether or not you think someone's conclusion based on the given facts is valid or not, please don't attack someone's general character based on the use of a specific word when you don't actually understand what is being said.

    Just to reiterate, assumptions are made in any kind of real world logical conclusion - stating that you have made an assumption simply shows that you recognize that your conclusion isn't cut and dry, and you're open to the possibility that you're wrong.

    And by the way, that saying about ASS-U-ME really applies to a situation where you assume a fact, and then use that fact to reach your conclusion. For example, "I assumed you wanted to get home early to start on your work, so I scheduled our breakfast for 5AM." Even in this situation, the use of the word assume really isn't really relevant - it's the fact that I introduced a new fact without any real evidence. (If you had told me that you normally like to get working at 6 every morning, then it would be a different story.)

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Harrah, Oklahoma
    Posts
    769

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:
    chewy352 wrote:
    I just OCd solo for the first time today.... so I stopped at Murrieta Walmart.
    What's with the off-topic necro-bump? I'm sure many of us want to hear about your OC experiences, but what does this have to do with someone being cuffed and detained at Murrieta Walmart?

    Please, feel free to create a new thread rather than posting off-topic in a thread that has been dead for more than a month...
    Well, he mentioned the Murrieta Wal-Mart. Isn't that close enough for on-topic purposes, CAL?

    BTW, what's the time limit on posting to a thread? One month?
    Well I guess I could have just said "hey I uocd solo at Murrieta Walmart today with no problems" but that would have been boring so I told the whole story. I was already stopped in Murrieta to visit my father so I went to that Walmart because of the incident instead of going to one closer to home in San Diego.

    I didn't think my story would be interesting enough for a new thread but I'm glad to hear you think so.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510

    Post imported post

    CA_Libertarian wrote:
    chewy352 wrote:
    I just OCd solo for the first time today....
    What's with the off-topic necro-bump? I'm sure many of us want to hear about your OC experiences, but what does this have to do with someone being cuffed and detained at Murrieta Walmart?

    Please, feel free to create a new thread rather than posting off-topic in a thread that has been dead for more than a month...


    Perhaps it's this:

    On my way home I realized my recorder was dying so I stopped at Murrieta Walmart. I was only in there for about 5-10 mins and for no apparent reason grown men started ******* their pants, unborn children self aborting and woman screaming hysterically (all due credit to whoever said this first). Just kidding I had no problems and made it home safe and sound.

  25. #25
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    KBCraig wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:
    chewy352 wrote:
    I just OCd solo for the first time today....
    What's with the off-topic necro-bump? I'm sure many of us want to hear about your OC experiences, but what does this have to do with someone being cuffed and detained at Murrieta Walmart?

    Please, feel free to create a new thread rather than posting off-topic in a thread that has been dead for more than a month...


    Perhaps it's this:

    On my way home I realized my recorder was dying so I stopped at Murrieta Walmart. I was only in there for about 5-10 mins and for no apparent reason grown men started ******* their pants, unborn children self aborting and woman screaming hysterically (all due credit to whoever said this first). Just kidding I had no problems and made it home safe and sound.
    I find it ironic that a "libertarian" would start inventingrules regarding posting and and attempt to enforce them.

    Some "libertarians" have a little bit ofautocratin them, I guess.

    Kinda convenient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •