• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Man Cuffed and Detained at Murrieta Walmart

coolusername2007

imported post

Just called the Murrieta Walmart and talked with one of their managers. She would not give any specifics on the incident, but did confirm this store's policy is not different than the corporate Walmart policy. So to confirm I asked her again if it was OK to open carry in their store. She said yes.

(also posted thisin the cgf thread).

demnogis

imported post

I usually don't shop at Wally World™. Not enough products made in the U.S.A. are sold there.

Add that to the fact that it is all the way out in Murietta... I don't know... :uhoh:

ourmanthejoker

imported post

demnogis wrote:
I usually don't shop at Wally World™. Not enough products made in the U.S.A. are sold there.

Add that to the fact that it is all the way out in Murietta... I don't know... :uhoh:

I concur. Unfortunately most clothing is made overseas, so I take target over wally.

Even further I try to buy ammo at small businesses, even if it's a buck extra.

coolusername2007

imported post

At this point we don't know if it was a Walmartemployee who called the law, it could have been a customer. Let's find out the facts first, Pullnshoot sent in a FOIA form (I think). If this guy was legally UOC'ing and was harassed by the Murrieta PD, then that's where we go. Until then let's wait for the facts. But guys, listen, we have toexercise our rightswhere its needed, not where its convenient.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Well assuming the facts are that...

1.Black man walks into walmart with LAPD souvenir hat.

2. He is lawfully open carrying.

3. Walmart calls the cops because they think it's against their policy.

4. Police unlawfully detain or arresthim and run a serial number check on his weapon.

5. Edit addition- The man was not asked to leave the store, he was not trespassing.

Then this seems like not only an infringement on this man's rights, yet racial profilling as well.

1245A Defender

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Well assuming the facts are that...

1.Black man walks into walmart with LAPD souvenir hat.

2. He is lawfully open carrying.

3. Walmart calls the cops because they think it's against their policy.

4. Police unlawfully detain or arresthim and run a serial number check on his weapon.

5. Edit addition- The man was not asked to leave the store, he was not trespassing.

Then this seems like not only an infringement on this man's rights, yet racial profilling as well.

how in the hell do you get racial profiling?

was he OCing because he is black? or because he cant get a permit to CC?

this kind of stuff happens to OCers often and every where!

demnogis

imported post

2, 4, 5 A Defender, California's firearms laws are racially motivated. The Mulford Act of 1967/1968 for example, is what gave us P.C. §12031. I can easily believe that because the person in question was UOCing and was black is why the police were called. Murrietta is conservative cow country. They're not called stereotypes without a reason.

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:
how in the hell do you get racial profiling?

was he OCing because he is black? or because he cant get a permit to CC?

this kind of stuff happens to OCers often and every where!
On a side note, I will not refer to black people as African-American; they are American just like everyone born and raised here. I believe further compartmentalizing nationality by race is racist. Only would I refer to a first generation African who has earned citizenship in our country as an African-American (and they're not all black!).

1245A Defender

imported post

i see your point, we in wash had black panthers too, you got 12031, we got 9.41.270. and then there is the afro/african american nomenclature. obama is not afro; he is first generation. his dad was from kenya. they like to say hes the first black pres but hes half white too. i thought clinton was the first black pres!

there is more to the story of this OCer at walmart, cant wait to read about it.

coolusername2007

imported post

Iknow how to find outif this was racial profiling, at least anecdotally? We need to find this guy and ask him how many times he UOC'ed before being detained. Most everyone here has the same experience, you have to UOC quite a bit before anybody notices and calls the law. If this was his first UOC that would speak volumes don't you think?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Iknow how to find outif this was racial profiling, at least anecdotally? We need to find this guy and ask him how many times he UOC'ed before being detained. Most everyone here has the same experience, you have to UOC quite a bit before anybody notices and calls the law. If this was his first UOC that would speak volumes don't you think?
Not really. Bobbarker UOCed his first time in Oceanside on July 4th, 2008 and was arrested for it. I actually don't know what race bobbarker is, but I'm assuming he's white...just like...Bob Barker.

coolusername2007

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Not really. Bobbarker UOCed his first time in Oceanside on July 4th, 2008 and was arrested for it. I actually don't know what race bobbarker is, but I'm assuming he's white...just like...Bob Barker.
That may not be a correct assumption. Plus for those who don't know Oceanside PD can be aggressive, there are plenty of seedy areas in Oceanside and adding the Camp Pendleton base into the mix means they are all over anything that raises their eyebrows.

rmodel65

imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
demnogis wrote:

I concur. Unfortunately most clothing is made overseas, so I take target over wally.

Even further I try to buy ammo at small businesses, even if it's a buck extra.

the Mossberg 500 are made in the USA :p i just bought one from walmart here in GA 207$ 221$ OTD :D

chewy352

imported post

I just OCd solo for the first time today. I had to drive all the way up to Ridgecrest CA to check on my brother. I suspected my mothers woman/child beating boyfriend was there again. As he has threatened my life once before I felt bringing my perfered method of self defense was warranted.

I drove all the way up from San Diego (painstakingly following all the gun laws which protect us from criminals :?) to Ridgecest. About a 3.5 hour drive. Along the way I made 2 stops, an AM PM in Murrieta and an AM PM at Kramer junction. No problems or questionsat either.

I spent 30 mins at my mothers house with no problems and then headed home.

On my way home I realized my recorder was dying so I stopped at Murrieta Walmart. I was only in there for about 5-10 mins and for no apparent reason grown men started pissing their pants, unborn children self aborting and woman screaming hysterically (all due credit to whoever said this first). Just kidding I had no problems and made it home safe and sound.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
I just OCd solo for the first time today....
What's with the off-topic necro-bump? I'm sure many of us want to hear about your OC experiences, but what does this have to do with someone being cuffed and detained at Murrieta Walmart?

Please, feel free to create a new thread rather than posting off-topic in a thread that has been dead for more than a month...