• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Explosion at the Privi Partisan plant in Serbia.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

BELGRADE (Reuters) – Four explosions at an ammunition factory in western Serbia killed six people and wounded at least eight on Thursday, a police official said.
Police, firefighters and the military sealed off the area around the Prvi Partizan ammunition factory in the town of Uzice, some 160 km (100 miles) west of the capital Belgrade, said Deputy Interior Minister Predrag Maric.

"Rescuers found six bodies inside an ammunition loading facility. That's the death toll. The injured people have been hospitalized," Maric said.

Prvi Partizan is Serbia's largest ammunition factory. It produces military and hunting ammunition as well as gun powder and explosives.

Maric said firefighters had "doused the fires and there is no danger of more explosions." He did not elaborate about the causes of the blast pending the end of the initial investigation.

Interior Minister Ivica Dacic was on his way to the site, said a ministry spokeswoman.
Serbian defense industries have stepped up production in past two years, mainly exporting to Iraq, Libya, the United States and Myanmar. The total value of export deals in 2008 exceeded $600 million.

Serbian Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac said last week that Serbia had secured a $100 million export deal for weapons and military equipment to Iraq.
(Reporting by Aleksandar Vasovic; Editing by Jon Hemming)

Aftermath video
[flash=425,344"]http://www.youtube.com/v/X2AuX_Agun8&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

thx997303

imported post

Oh, I don't know, I guess it would depend on the size of the explosion and how much product and equipment were damaged.

I think the effect would be minor at best.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Damage seems consistant with a high pressure wave... but low order detonation. 'Doesn't look like there was any real 'fire' damage. I'm thinkin' primers or primer material related...'Lotta flying debris.

CrossFire

imported post

I have no experience with Privi ammo. Is it better than that crap Wolf? I have always been told to stay away from all ammo produced in Eastern block countries.The one time Ishot a box of Wolf I found out why. Took forever to clean that gun.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Oh, I don't know, I guess it would depend on the size of the explosion and how much product and equipment were damaged.

I think the effect would be minor at best.

Good point, I know at least domestically places that make such materials are designed so that most of the blast is directed upwards. Perhaps they'll be online quickly.

Privi makes good stuff. Even wolf is decent stuff, dirty, but always fired for me. Privi ammo is still dirty compared to winchester ranger, but you can't beat the price difference for the extra cleaning. Same goes for S&B, anyone know what's going on with them? The had the best prices on plinking ammo, and it's like they've blown up themselves.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
I have no experience with Privi ammo. Is it better than that crap Wolf?
Wolf is some of the finest ammo there is. As for Eastern Bloc, S&B from the Czechs is better than any ammo out of the U.S., and Rex powder from Hungary is excellent.