• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owner says police violating his rights. FayObserver.com

lukeshort

imported post

One more thing. Some of you people give way to much credit to LEO's. Why would someone do that when all they really are, are revenue collectors? They do not stop crime. They investigate it. And will use your god givin right of self preservation against you in court. Everytime the state comes up with a new extortion scheme (mostly for public safety) the cops are the enforcement tool. That doesn't sound noble to me. Read the minutes of state legislaton meetings. Fines are the subject of revenue constantly. It's not safety concerns, it's all about revenue and control. So salute till your hearts content and they eventually pull the rug out from under you. I have more respect for the mail man.

wrightme

imported post

lukeshort wrote:
wrightme wrote:
lukeshort wrote:
"Screw the U.N." I say this, becuase everytime I log into this site my computer gets all funny.
Maybe it has a sense of humor?
Maybe, but your funnier. That was a good one. In a second grade sort of way.
Why, thank you.

By "funny," what did you mean? And do you seriously think the U.N. has any impact upon the "funny" quotient of your computer? Is that a tracking chip I see?

Tomahawk

imported post

What do you mean, funny? Funny how? Funny like he's a clown, lije he's here to amuse you? Just what the F do think is so funny about him?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

tommy.jpg

M

McX

imported post

It's very disappointing. As I wander about here, time and time again, I see the Police abusing their authority. You would think they would use common sense, and think to themselves; Gee, this could get me and my department sued, plus realy bad press. But they just don't seem to give a damn. I've been on the abusing end of their powers more than once. I for damn sure remember those instances when the Police come around and want my help.

hopnpop

imported post

Sgt. John Somerindyke said in situations such as this, police can't assume a weapon has never been used.
"We have to be consistent with our policy," he said. "We have had some hits doing this."

...Can't assume the gun's never been used? Even if a gun shows excessive wear, it doesn't give them the right to seize it. Whether it's been used or not, I sure as hell dont want anyone firing my gun without permission and direct oversight by ME personally. Personal pet peeve. The point is that the gun's been wrongly seized. It's only a sidebar, or further infringement, that it's being tested. I'm on the side of the gun owner 100% BUT.... it's never been fired and firing a round thru it will depreciate it's value?! That's a pretty think coat of B.S.. You mean he plans on never firing it? Ever? C'mon... Not to mention, this is personal opinion here, but - carrying a gun that you've never fired is pretty ignorant. It hasn't proven itself to be reliable and function flawlessly. ...Or accurate. Just assuming that the fixed sights are dead-on and that it'll hit where you wantit to is ignorant as well. ...Especially in such a lightweight gun chambered in .45 - it's got a lot of snap! I've read several reviews citing that they've got controllability issues. Anyway...

Point being that I don't see how they can legitimately seized a gun trusted to them in this particular scenario - citing that the gun owner hadn't violated any laws, and that there's no probably cause or reason to suspect that it gun had been used in commission of a crime.

Somerindyke said that since 2003, the ballistics tests have identified 32 guns that were used in crimes in Cumberland County.

Of those 32 guns, how many were seized with at least RAS? Documentable RAS. I am willing to bet - ALL OF THEM. This scenario, with the traffic accident, the concealed-carrier going to hospital, etc. doesn't offer any RAS. Therefore, this shouldn't be allowed to happen and does seem to be a blatant violation.

Tiffanie Sneed, the Police Department's lawyer, said the gun-testing policy helps make the community safer. People sometimes buy guns not knowing they have been used in crimes. The weapons are returned to their owners if the tests show they were not used in crimes, she said.

So what happens if, like she said, someone unknowingly, legally, buys a handgun that HAS been used in a crime? ...And they get into a car accident, surrenderit to the police as to not violate CCW/hospital laws, etc., they test it and it comes back as having been used in commission of a crime... Where does it go from there? It doesn't sound like the new, rightful gun owner gets it back. Is it just his loss then? What?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
How does a post go from a possible gun rights violation, to a discussion of catheter insertion?
You can't see the forest, for the trees.

smoking357 couldn't tell his a$$ from a hole in the ground. Glad he's gone.

Asopencarrybillypoints outwe must jump on cases like this when they come up - pull together resources - and fight these cases as if our freedom depended upon US.

Of course we could all just be blithering idiots and ask the UN to "liberate us".