• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

China's national flag to go up in White House on Sept 20

zack991

imported post

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-07/13/content_8422505.htm

The national flag of the People's Republic of China (PRC) will be hoisted at the South Lawn of the White House in Washington on September 20, media reported Sunday.

Chinese associations in the United States had applied to hold a ceremony in front of the US President’s residence to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of PRC.

Chen Ronghua, chairman of Fujian Association of the United States, told reporters that their application was approved not only because of the sound Sino-US relations but also because China is a responsible country.

"Many Americans admire China due to the success of last year’s Beijing Olympics," said Chen.

More than 1,000 people will attend the ceremony and the performances held after it, according to Zhao Luqun, who will direct the performances.

Zhao said the performances will demonstrate the friendship, magnanimous spirit and kindness of modern Chinese people.

TFred

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
also because China is a responsible country.

"Many Americans admire China due to the success of last year’s Beijing Olympics," said Chen.
:what:WHAT?!?!

Oh, I get it, he is trying to make a joke.
Pro-pa-gan-da, n. "When one man's joke is another man's news. Sadly, becoming more common, even in traditionally 'Free' countries such as the United States."

TFred

Hillmann

imported post

TFred wrote:
Hillmann wrote:

Pro-pa-gan-da, n. "When one man's joke is another man's news. Sadly, becoming more common, even in traditionally 'Free' countries such as the United States."

TFred

Who is it supposed to be propaganda for? Americans or Chineese?

I just read the title agen and see that it is a chineese report.

TFred

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
TFred wrote:
Hillmann wrote:

TFred
Who is it supposed to be propaganda for? Americans or Chineese?

I just read the title agen and see that it is a chineese report.
Well... if a statement is made, and to one man it is a news story, but to another man it is a joke, I think it's safe to say that "propaganda" would apply to the first man, and not the second...

TFred

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shen jing bin!

That shouldn't be allowed IMHO.

Go ahead and fly their flag and have the ceremony, but not at the white house. Sometimes it seems this administration would rather have that flag flying instead of the stars and stripes.

Oh, and I'm still laughing at:
More like, "many americans know that Beijing had to close down almost all of their factories in Beijing months in advance so people wouldn't colapse for lack of clean air to breath."

Not only that, they sent around people known as the "mucus" police to hand out bags so people wouldn't spit on the ground everywhere as is the norm in that country. The national anthem should be "haaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwk" because that's what you hear all day.

Alexcabbie

imported post

So in the negotiations for this, Deouty Foriegn Minister Sum Dum Gai told Obama that the Amelican peasants" would not mind the flag at all. Obama said "Want to bet?" and Dum Gai said: No, aleddee have-a Tibet. How bout you serve us up Taiwan?" :uhoh:

(This might be funny if it were not so close to the truth)

Statesman

imported post

How appropriate! A communist flag will be raised at the Whitehouse under the Obama administration!

Patriots need to get some good photos of this so we can use it against them.

Alexcabbie

imported post

When Hu Jintao (then President of the PRC) was in town while Clinton was in office, he was jeered everwhere he went. Hu reportedly asked Clinton "can't you control your own people?"

More outraged by this than we native born Americans are the Chinese in this country who emigrated here to escape that red rag and all it stands for. I told the daughter of one such woman, they both having come over here when the daughter was about 14 (they run a nice cheap Chinese carryout I patronize) about this as I was waiting for my roast duck. The daughter translated to her mother, who then exploded in spit-flying Mandarin and tried to kick me out while her daughter explained toher that no, I did not approve. Ever see an angry Chinese woman? "Dragon Lady" doesn't even begin....... I bet you are going to see a lot of very angry immigrant and first-generation Chinese Americans on the Elipse if this goes forward.

Really, this is all just too beautiful. The Ratz thought they could get away with anything, so they tried. The hot tub they were so sure they could relax in is turning into a cauldron. My God, they are boiling themselves alive, and if they get out everyone will see them naked. OH JEEZE I just pictured Pelosi and Reid nude. pardon me, I gotta go put my eyes out now, soon as I can get a braille keyboard...

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

What the hell is this man thinking. The American people should not stand for this. It is ludacris to think flying a communist flag in our country is OK. one word IMPEACHMENT!!:cuss:

Alexcabbie

Bustelo5%

imported post

This isnt for real is it? I mean dont we have at least three Marines ready at a moments notice to impeach the PODUS if he or she gets out of line? Realy im serious do we?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
This isnt for real is it? I mean dont we have at least three Marines ready at a moments notice to impeach the PODUS if he or she gets out of line? Realy im serious do we?

Ummm, short answer no. I would hope there would be at least an unspoken understanding about what to do if the President went completely nuts and decided to launch a Minuteman at some target for whatever reason; although according to nuclear weapons protocols the decision to launch must be made by BOTH the POTUS AND the Secretary of Defense and verified and carried out by two people at every level down to the launch center. (Doctor Strangelove had a lone general sending a wing of B52s in against the Russians, which in real life would have been utterly impossible). And if the POTUS were to order the military to impose Martial Law for no discernably good reason, I should hope whatever ranking officer recieved the command would instead arrest him. For treason. But a coup d" etat would have horrifying possible consequenses so let us hope that does not happen, OK??

Let us instead inform everyone we meet of these things and help foment the lawful coup d' etat we will have soon. The first battle will be in November of next year. The second will occur November 2012. And there is a skirmish scheduled for this November in several States, Virginia and New Jersey chief among them. Our battle cry: VOTE LIKE HELL!!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

Bustelo5%

imported post

I cannot wait to get the Virgina Flag on my hand with the Greek dude impaling that king as a metal guy thats so brutal lol.