• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

China's national flag to go up in White House on Sept 20

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

TFred

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
TFred wrote:
I sure bet they say "oh shoot" a lot in the White House these days...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/04/white-house-debunks-reports-fly-chinas-flag-south-lawn/

Funniest comment to the article: "Which communists should we believe, OURS or theirs???"

:?

TFred
Funny you should say that, One of Obama's staffers, a mook named Van Jones, is an avowed Communist. Whaere is Joe McCarthy now that we need him???
Widely reported tonight that he has had enough and is resigning. One down... how many more to go?

ETA: Van Jones is resigning, not Obama...

ETAmore: GAG...

In a resignation letter released by the White House just after midnight on Sunday, Mr. Jones said he was the victim of a smear campaign.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," he wrote. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."
Ok, I'm done now.

TFred

Bustelo5%

imported post

yes I stand corrected Roman as in Julius Cesar I was wrong.
Ohh and Lincon oddly enough which always confused the crap out me no matter how much study and folk lore there is around who he really was has always been very weird.

Regular_Joe

imported post

Funny you should say that, One of Obama's staffers, a mook named Van Jones, is an avowed Communist. Whaere is Joe McCarthy now that we need him???
mook: noun. Slang - "An insignificant or contemptible person."
[sub][sup]The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition (Copyright © 2009)[/sup][/sub]

Yep - "mook" works!

Only ~30 more 'czars' to go...
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/05/nation/na-obama-czars5

Bustelo5%

imported post

So Van Jones really did resign? What I love also is that the white house still didnt get back to Fox about WTF is going on with all of these commies.

zack991

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
I cannot wait to get the Virgina Flag on my hand with the Greek dude impaling that king as a metal guy thats so brutal lol.
So do you have a photo of the flag your talking about, sound sweet.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

zack991 wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
I cannot wait to get the Virgina Flag on my hand with the Greek dude impaling that king as a metal guy thats so brutal lol.
So do you have a photo of the flag your talking about, sound sweet.
My pleasure.

Virginia_state_flag.png

Yata hey

M

McX

imported post

Chinese flag?! Boy, the good news just keeps coming in.:shock:javascript:emoticon(':shock:',%20'images/emoticons/shock.gif'):shock::shock:

lapeer20m

imported post

There is a bit of misinformation going onthe part ofOUR government. The chinese are accurate when they say they are raising the flag in front of the president's residence.

The White house claims it's not at the white house at all, but at "the ellipse"

"President's Park, located in Washington, D.C., encompasses the White House, a visitor center, Lafayette Park, and The Ellipse. "

Theellipse is on the same property as the white house.

riverrat10k

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Bustelo5% wrote:
That is NOT a "Greek Dude", it is the Goddess of Liberty standing with her foot on the neck of a Tyrant. Sheesh.
Just a slight correction alexcabbie. It is the Greek goddess Virtus, or Virtue, on our beautiful state seal.;)