• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle City Property Issue?

eBratt

imported post

Did that problem with carrying on city property in Seattle ever come to anything? Family from out of town wants to head over to Seattle and see the sights including the Space Needle (walk around the area, not go in) and I'd like to OC, but won't if Seattle is attempting to enforce their trespassing ban on city property. Don't want to walk into a known hassle today as that will just stress them out (the spontaneous ones are just fun).

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Bumbershoot IS a music festival and therefore falls under the RCW's as a prohibited place.
I'm not so sure that it qualifies as a music festival for the purposes of RCW 70.108

RCW 70.108.020
Definitions.

For the purposes of this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the indicated meanings:

(1) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

eBratt

imported post

Just FYI, I ended up OCing at the Seattle Center OUTSIDE of Bumbershoot while family rode the Space Needle (I didn't try). Several officers walked by and not a word was said. Smooth as can be.