• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Spanish Fork....I'm not the only one!

cardo

imported post

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.
I had a fun little OC experince last night. I drove my motorcycle to the gas station to fill it up. I had my XD9sc on me and was OCing. When I walked in to pre-pay I saw several guys standing by the counter talking to one of the employees. First thing I noticed, they all had guns. Secondly, it sounded like they were in the process of educating someone about OC. But I didn't want to interrupt so I just walked around them to go pay for gas. After a cople seconds of standing there one of them looked over at me and then said "see, theres another one!" At this I laughed and we all had a nice little meeting. One of them said I should check out this forum...so here I am:-]

It's good to see that I'm not the only one OCing around town:), and props to the guys for educating the lady at the gas station!

mqondo

imported post

Welcome! Nice to see you had a good experience. Except for gun stores and ranges, I don't think I have seen anybody OCing at all. Interesting that you found a little group of them. :p

scorpioajr

imported post

mqondo wrote:
...I have seen anybody OCing at all. Interesting that you found a little group of them.
No kidding, I've never seen another OCer other than who I am with. If I found a whole group of them i would flip out!

cardo wrote:
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.
Welcome to the forums Cardo. :celebrate

thx997303

imported post

I've never seen another regular joe open carrying just out and about.

Though I did see mazellan ccing once.

ichigo

imported post

I am in the same boat as never seeing anyone other than my bro in law OC. Some guy cranked his neck to look at my gun yesterday who might have been a CC'er

b1ack5mith

imported post

hey there, im a payson OCer, i just got home from fishin ( caught and ate a 2 lb trout, im proud) and i carried a .357 mag in a triple K holster today:D

Kloutier

imported post

I am a Spanish Fork OCer as well :D

I have never seen a group before :( Would be nice to see some one I did not know OC once and a while. I feel like a minority.

cardo

imported post

Cool, your most likely to run into me OCing in maceys. I'm there at least twice a week:-] I've been OCing in there more and more. I know the cashiers and the bagger boys see the gun on me but I really haven't had any funny looks or comments. (yet;))

Kloutier

imported post

Most times I go to Spring field wal mart because they kicked me out of there once and I go there as haha because I know the person who kicked me out was riped one. I will have to go to macys more.