• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer has their own "Cash for Clunkers"

buster81

imported post

[align=center] [/align]

SIG SAUER - Gives you $200 "CASH For your KLUNKER* Handgun"

Purchase a new SIG SAUER® P220®, P226®, P229®, 1911, SIG556 pistol, or SIG556 rifle [font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]from your dealer's inventory from September 7th through November 30th, 2009, and SIG SAUER will give you $200.00 for your old KLUNKER* pistol or revolver. [/font]

To receive your $200.00 payment, simply send your old KLUNKER* with a copy of your form 4473 and proof of purchase of your new Classic pistol (no later than Friday, December 4, 2009) to:

SIG SAUER, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833, ATTN: CK-1

*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment. Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger. SIG SAUER reserves the right to reject any firearm submitted as a KLUNKERthat does not meet our criteria. Rejected firearms will be returned to sender. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of your check. This offer cannot be combined with any other program or offer.

Klunkers will not be accepted for payment after Friday, December 4, 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS.

All transactions subject to federal, state and local firearms regulations.

Click HERE for more information.

Big Boy

imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
Hmmm... buy the cheapest Hi-Point (or something similar), trade in for $200 towards a Sig. Sweet! :p
Exactly what I was thinking!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Do they have to lube them with sodium silicate and fire them until they lock up? That's what they do with the cars.

I think a better thing to do would be to distribute the "Klunkers" free to law-abiding citizens in poor crime ridden areas and call the program "No rest for the Wicked" ;)

tju1973

imported post

I like my HP CF-380 and technically it is a 9mm-- 9x17....

I wonder if I could use that-- not a SIg Fan per se, but for $200, I would trade it in, then sell my 1K in .380 ammo...its a win win....

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Do they have to lube them with sodium silicate and fire them until they lock up? That's what they do with the cars.

I think a better thing to do would be to distribute the "Klunkers" free to law-abiding citizens in poor crime ridden areas and call the program "No rest for the Wicked" ;)
:lol:

boomer92266

imported post

i wouldn't send in a newhi point, i've owned a few and tho they are ugly they fired every time without fail. plus they now cost more to buy than some other pistols that i consider junk, jennings, jimenez, and cobra. i have tried these and they did not hold up, the hi point at least is +p+ rated and is a tougher handgun. now if i had a hi point that i have had a while and not got much in it i would let it go. but around here the c9 is $169 +tax and the 40 and 45 are $189 +tax, so it would not save much if any. now jimenez 9mm are $99-$125 and used are around $50- $75 the cobra are about the same,so thats better.

Alexcabbie

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
Not only has obozo "stimulated" the gun industry, now he's the inspiration for sales pitches.:lol:
As Gomer Pyle used to say: "Surprise, surprise, surprise ! " Ubama has never ever been anything really but a glorified salesman in the first place. Sold the Democrats to the voters in Chicago and Illinois, sold himself to the desperate suckers in the Midwest last year, sold a bunch of books selling himself all the time (Now THAT's an achievement - getting people to actuall buy an advertisement! ) and now selling mo' gummint mo gummint mo gummint for the Ratz. And he is a master at steering people past the fine print in the warranty. :cuss: