• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Forest rules

Thoreau

imported post

I'm prepping for a 2 night camping trip in the Coronado National Forest area and the subject came up of bringing our .22's out for some cheap target fun. I'm searching the FS website, but can't seem to find anything on the subject of wether or not that would be allowed on national forest lands. Anyone happent to know?

I've shot out on BLM land before and that was all clear, and of course a national PARK is a definite no-go, but forest land is a new territory for me.

lowlander91

imported post

just call the rangers where your staying. I went out to Tonto national forest in august and we shot our guns no problem . You just need to contact the rangers to see if they allow it.

KBCraig

imported post

District rangers can create usage rules for all sorts of things, and these won't be published on any website. Contacting the district office is the only way to know (either that, or stop and read the bulletin board very carefully!)

DMGNUT

imported post

I agree with lowlander and craig, on checking with the rangers for that area. Generally speaking it is OK, unless there is an elevated risk of fire. Make sure to pick-up all your brass.