Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Anyone going to the Yorktown Tea party on Monday?

  1. #1
    Regular Member pyite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    I may be there. I made the last two NN tea parties but didn't know about this one until you posted it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    55

    Post imported post

    I plan on going.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran kimbercarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    721

    Post imported post

    Me and my nephew should be there. Looking at the map there seems to be so much National Park land around that I don't believe we can carry there. Anyone know if we can carry?

  5. #5
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    kimbercarrier wrote:
    Me and my nephew should be there. Looking at the map there seems to be so much National Park land around that I don't believe we can carry there. Anyone know if we can carry?
    I always read about MSC 45ACP walking there so I assumed the anwer is yes but that may be a bad assumption. I'll PM him and see if he is familiar with the area.

  6. #6
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    45acpForMe wrote:
    kimbercarrier wrote:
    Me and my nephew should be there. Looking at the map there seems to be so much National Park land around that I don't believe we can carry there. Anyone know if we can carry?
    I always read about MSC 45ACP walking there so I assumed the anwer is yes but that may be a bad assumption. I'll PM him and see if he is familiar with the area.
    The area in question is EXACTLY where Bridget and I OC several evenings a week. I think we'll both be there. I'm sure if Pagan is back in town, he'll come too. Let's make it an OC KINDA DAY!

    The food at the Pub down the street is really good. I like giving small businesses like that my business. The same owners own the Boardwalk Something or other next door. I've heard the food at the restaurant on the water in the Commons is decent but a bit pricey. The Pub is more my speed. \

    We look forward to seeing y'all in "our hood".

    Semper Paratus;

    Mike
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  7. #7
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    596

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    45acpForMe wrote:
    kimbercarrier wrote:
    Me and my nephew should be there. Looking at the map there seems to be so much National Park land around that I don't believe we can carry there. Anyone know if we can carry?
    I always read about MSC 45ACP walking there so I assumed the anwer is yes but that may be a bad assumption. I'll PM him and see if he is familiar with the area.
    The area in question is EXACTLY where Bridget and I OC several evenings a week. I think we'll both be there. I'm sure if Pagan is back in town, he'll come too. Let's make it an OC KINDA DAY!

    The food at the Pub down the street is really good. I like giving small businesses like that my business. The same owners own the Boardwalk Something or other next door. I've heard the food at the restaurant on the water in the Commons is decent but a bit pricey. The Pub is more my speed.

    We look forward to seeing y'all in "our hood".

    Semper Paratus;

    Mike
    I might want to tag along to the pub after I give my talk...

  8. #8
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    Looking forward to hearing you talk again, Philip. Thank you for all you do for all of us!

    Semper Paratus;

    Mike
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  9. #9
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    596

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Looking forward to hearing you talk again, Philip. Thank you for all you do for all of us!

    Semper Paratus;

    Mike
    Thank you, Mike. Gun owners are the best.

    Be sure to contact me when I'm done.


  10. #10
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586

    Post imported post

    Philip's talk was excellent!

    He was well received by the audience(about 100 by the time we moved into the tent to get out of the rain), most of whom sported orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers.

    No press present that I could see.

    While walkingback to my car, I overhearda young woman, relating the events of the day to someone via cell phone,commenting on thewelcomestatements of the "gun rights people".
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  11. #11
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    That was a pretty good TEA party despite the rain.

    Philip did a great job talking about rights in general and did a great job representing gun owners as freedom loving Americans rather than right-wing extremists.

    I had to leave after Philips talk so fill me in on anything else interesting that happened. I got home to cook steaks on my grill only to find my gas tank expired a few minutes into them. I would have bet $50 that my backup tank in the garage was full but to my surprise it wasn't. So we ate corn on the cob and pasta salad while the steaks "broiled". :-)

    It was nice to see more OC-ers out at the TEA party. I met a guy names Wes that is a VCDL member and this is the second time I recommended he join Opencarry.org. I met a few familiar faces and one or two new faces. Aretired-Navy OC-er said hi but it was during someones speech so we didn't get a chance to chat much. For the new faces, try to catch up with the rest of us at the OC dinners.

  12. #12
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    I'ld have to say my favorite part was during the discussion of whether law enforcement or military would assist the govt confiscate weapons. Someone said that the polled-marines said that not only would they NOT confiscate weapons that they would also shoot anyone that gave them that order. :-) The whole tent erupted (and I mean ERUPTED) in a loud cheer!

  13. #13
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    45acpForMe wrote:
    I'ld have to say my favorite part was during the discussion of whether law enforcement or military would assist the govt confiscate weapons. Someone said that the polled-marines said that not only would they NOT confiscate weapons that they would also shoot anyone that gave them that order. :-) The whole tent erupted (and I mean ERUPTED) in a loud cheer!
    I really enjoyed that part too! Sadly, I had to leave shortly after you did. Bridget's sunburn was really bothering her and my back was a bit sore. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to Phillip after his speech. Someone mentioned Oath Makers.com and I corrected them to OATHKEEPERS.org.

    When it first started raining, Bridget and I were sitting in the grass (I was in my chair, she on the grass). A very nice woman came up and offered Bridget an umbrella. She accepted and the lady sat next to Bridget. When we got up to go to the tent, she said to Bridget "Thank you for letting me sit with you, I feel much safer with you here". We both smiled at the lady. Phillip had given us both "GUNS save lives" stickers a few minutes before that. Saw lots of other folks OCing, including another speaker besides Phillip.

    I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a great time!


    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  14. #14
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519

    Post imported post

    VCDL President wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Looking forward to hearing you talk again, Philip. Thank you for all you do for all of us!

    Semper Paratus;

    Mike
    Thank you, Mike. Gun owners are the best.

    Be sure to contact me when I'm done.
    For all who are interested but could not attend, will you provide a transcript and/or recording of your talk, "Gun Rights - The Canary in the Coal Mine" at VCDL or perhaps here?

    It seems your talk was very well received.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    So, how was it?

    I couldn't make this one, but I might be in Yorktown this weekend.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    45acpForMe wrote:
    I'ld have to say my favorite part was during the discussion of whether law enforcement or military would assist the govt confiscate weapons. Someone said that the polled-marines said that not only would they NOT confiscate weapons that they would also shoot anyone that gave them that order. :-) The whole tent erupted (and I mean ERUPTED) in a loud cheer!
    I really enjoyed that part too! Sadly, I had to leave shortly after you did. Bridget's sunburn was really bothering her and my back was a bit sore. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to Phillip after his speech. Someone mentioned Oath Makers.com and I corrected them to OATHKEEPERS.org.

    When it first started raining, Bridget and I were sitting in the grass (I was in my chair, she on the grass). A very nice woman came up and offered Bridget an umbrella. She accepted and the lady sat next to Bridget. When we got up to go to the tent, she said to Bridget "Thank you for letting me sit with you, I feel much safer with you here". We both smiled at the lady. Phillip had given us both "GUNS save lives" stickers a few minutes before that. Saw lots of other folks OCing, including another speaker besides Phillip.

    I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a great time!
    If worst comes to worst, then Oath Keepers will prove to be the real heroes.

    Their Pledge:

    Orders We Will Not Obey

    1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

    2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.


    Please read their entire Pledge.

  17. #17
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    Repeater wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    45acpForMe wrote:
    I'ld have to say my favorite part was during the discussion of whether law enforcement or military would assist the govt confiscate weapons. Someone said that the polled-marines said that not only would they NOT confiscate weapons that they would also shoot anyone that gave them that order. :-) The whole tent erupted (and I mean ERUPTED) in a loud cheer!
    I really enjoyed that part too! Sadly, I had to leave shortly after you did. Bridget's sunburn was really bothering her and my back was a bit sore. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to Phillip after his speech. Someone mentioned Oath Makers.com and I corrected them to OATHKEEPERS.org.

    When it first started raining, Bridget and I were sitting in the grass (I was in my chair, she on the grass). A very nice woman came up and offered Bridget an umbrella. She accepted and the lady sat next to Bridget. When we got up to go to the tent, she said to Bridget "Thank you for letting me sit with you, I feel much safer with you here". We both smiled at the lady. Phillip had given us both "GUNS save lives" stickers a few minutes before that. Saw lots of other folks OCing, including another speaker besides Phillip.

    I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a great time!
    If worst comes to worst, then Oath Keepers will prove to be the real heroes.

    Their Pledge:

    Orders We Will Not Obey

    1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

    2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.


    Please read their entire Pledge.
    Don't just read it. Live it. Join the group, Be an active supporter of your rights!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  18. #18
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Repeater wrote:
    If worst comes to worst, then Oath Keepers will prove to be the real heroes.

    Their Pledge:

    Orders We Will Not Obey

    1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

    2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.


    Please read their entire Pledge.
    Don't just read it. Live it. Join the group, Be an active supporter of your rights!
    It seems the mis-named Southern Poverty Law Center really hates the Oath Keepers:

    SPLC's Larry Keller asserts they are "particularly worrisome." A fair question might be "Why"" or "To whom?" It's not like they're associated with anything other than patriotism, in spite of his attempts to insinuate racist ties.
    The SPLC seems to be really upset these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •