• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to the Yorktown Tea party on Monday?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Me and my nephew should be there. Looking at the map there seems to be so much National Park land around that I don't believe we can carry there. Anyone know if we can carry?

45acpForMe

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Me and my nephew should be there. Looking at the map there seems to be so much National Park land around that I don't believe we can carry there. Anyone know if we can carry?
I always read about MSC 45ACP walking there so I assumed the anwer is yes but that may be a bad assumption. I'll PM him and see if he is familiar with the area.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
kimbercarrier wrote:
I always read about MSC 45ACP walking there so I assumed the anwer is yes but that may be a bad assumption. I'll PM him and see if he is familiar with the area.

The area in question is EXACTLY where Bridget and I OC several evenings a week. I think we'll both be there. I'm sure if Pagan is back in town, he'll come too. Let's make it an OC KINDA DAY!

The food at the Pub down the street is really good. I like giving small businesses like that my business. The same owners own the Boardwalk Something or other next door. I've heard the food at the restaurant on the water in the Commons is decent but a bit pricey. The Pub is more my speed. \

We look forward to seeing y'all in "our hood".

Semper Paratus;

Mike

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
kimbercarrier wrote:

The area in question is EXACTLY where Bridget and I OC several evenings a week. I think we'll both be there. I'm sure if Pagan is back in town, he'll come too. Let's make it an OC KINDA DAY!

The food at the Pub down the street is really good. I like giving small businesses like that my business. The same owners own the Boardwalk Something or other next door. I've heard the food at the restaurant on the water in the Commons is decent but a bit pricey. The Pub is more my speed.

We look forward to seeing y'all in "our hood".

Semper Paratus;

Mike
I might want to tag along to the pub after I give my talk...

2a4all

imported post

Philip's talk was excellent!

He was well received by the audience(about 100 by the time we moved into the tent to get out of the rain), most of whom sported orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers.

No press present that I could see.

While walkingback to my car, I overhearda young woman, relating the events of the day to someone via cell phone,commenting on thewelcomestatements of the "gun rights people".

45acpForMe

imported post

That was a pretty good TEA party despite the rain.

Philip did a great job talking about rights in general and did a great job representing gun owners as freedom loving Americans rather than right-wing extremists.

I had to leave after Philips talk so fill me in on anything else interesting that happened. I got home to cook steaks on my grill only to find my gas tank expired a few minutes into them. I would have bet $50 that my backup tank in the garage was full but to my surprise it wasn't. So we ate corn on the cob and pasta salad while the steaks "broiled". :)

It was nice to see more OC-ers out at the TEA party. I met a guy names Wes that is a VCDL member and this is the second time I recommended he join Opencarry.org. I met a few familiar faces and one or two new faces. Aretired-Navy OC-er said hi but it was during someones speech so we didn't get a chance to chat much. For the new faces, try to catch up with the rest of us at the OC dinners.

45acpForMe

imported post

I'ld have to say my favorite part was during the discussion of whether law enforcement or military would assist the govt confiscate weapons. Someone said that the polled-marines said that not only would they NOT confiscate weapons that they would also shoot anyone that gave them that order. :) The whole tent erupted (and I mean ERUPTED) in a loud cheer!

MSC 45ACP

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
I'ld have to say my favorite part was during the discussion of whether law enforcement or military would assist the govt confiscate weapons. Someone said that the polled-marines said that not only would they NOT confiscate weapons that they would also shoot anyone that gave them that order. :) The whole tent erupted (and I mean ERUPTED) in a loud cheer!

I really enjoyed that part too! Sadly, I had to leave shortly after you did. Bridget's sunburn was really bothering her and my back was a bit sore. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to Phillip after his speech. Someone mentioned Oath Makers.com and I corrected them to OATHKEEPERS.org.

When it first started raining, Bridget and I were sitting in the grass (I was in my chair, she on the grass). A very nice woman came up and offered Bridget an umbrella. She accepted and the lady sat next to Bridget. When we got up to go to the tent, she said to Bridget "Thank you for letting me sit with you, I feel much safer with you here". We both smiled at the lady. Phillip had given us both "GUNS save lives" stickers a few minutes before that. Saw lots of other folks OCing, including another speaker besides Phillip.

I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a great time!

Repeater

imported post

VCDL President wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Looking forward to hearing you talk again, Philip. Thank you for all you do for all of us!

Semper Paratus;

Mike
Thank you, Mike. Gun owners are the best.

Be sure to contact me when I'm done.
For all who are interested but could not attend, will you provide a transcript and/or recording of your talk, "Gun Rights - The Canary in the Coal Mine" at VCDL or perhaps here?

It seems your talk was very well received.

Repeater

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:

I really enjoyed that part too! Sadly, I had to leave shortly after you did. Bridget's sunburn was really bothering her and my back was a bit sore. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to Phillip after his speech. Someone mentioned Oath Makers.com and I corrected them to OATHKEEPERS.org.

When it first started raining, Bridget and I were sitting in the grass (I was in my chair, she on the grass). A very nice woman came up and offered Bridget an umbrella. She accepted and the lady sat next to Bridget. When we got up to go to the tent, she said to Bridget "Thank you for letting me sit with you, I feel much safer with you here". We both smiled at the lady. Phillip had given us both "GUNS save lives" stickers a few minutes before that. Saw lots of other folks OCing, including another speaker besides Phillip.

If worst comes to worst, then Oath Keepers will prove to be the real heroes.

Their Pledge:

Orders We Will Not Obey

1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.

Please read their entire Pledge.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Repeater wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:

Their Pledge:

Orders We Will Not Obey

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.

Don't just read it. Live it. Join the group, Be an active supporter of your rights!

Repeater

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Repeater wrote:

Their Pledge:

Orders We Will Not Obey

Don't just read it. Live it. Join the group, Be an active supporter of your rights!
It seems the mis-named Southern Poverty Law Center really hates the Oath Keepers:

SPLC's Larry Keller asserts they are "particularly worrisome." A fair question might be "Why"" or "To whom?" It's not like they're associated with anything other than patriotism, in spite of his attempts to insinuate racist ties.
The SPLC seems to be really upset these days.