Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 dead, 1 seriously wounded, and a 4th arrested

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...1:b27548248:z0

SAN MARCOS, Texas— Police in Texas say a group of teenagers were trying to break into a home when a resident opened fire and killed two of the youths.

San Marcos Police Chief Howard Williams says the shootings happened shortly before 2 a.m. Friday. He says two 16-year-olds died and a third teenager was seriously wounded.

Another teen was unharmed and arrested in the shootings that were about 30 miles south of Austin.

Authorities declined to release the teenagers' identities but say the two killed were from Luling, about 20 miles from San Marcos.

Williams says police responded to a call of a home invasion and shots fired.

Authorities say the three people who were home at the time were not injured.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

You'd think after Joe Horn was acquitted for shooting buglers stealing his neighbor's stuff, the crooks would learn to not break into houses in Texas.

Guess not.

TFred

Post imported post

Wonder if the two surviving apprentice criminals will rethink their career choices.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    You'd think after Joe Horn was acquitted for shooting buglers stealing his neighbor's stuff, the crooks would learn to not break into houses in Texas.

Guess not.
    BIG difference here. They probably wanted the guns.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31035

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    TFred wrote:

Guess not.

Maybe their motive was different, but if they knew there were gun owners in the house, seems to me they were even more stupid than I first thought!

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    TFred wrote:

Guess not.

Maybe their motive was different, but if they knew there were gun owners in the house, seems to me they were even more stupid than I first thought!
    Not really stupid. These guys came equipped with a handgun according to the police report (and two pellet guns). Presumably they figured they would need to use them.

But the robbers here were not competent enough to do the job. The home defender was much better at deploying a firearm than the robbers. He did what he had to and did it very well, even according to the detail-sparse accounts available so far. Kudos to him. Though there are some unanswered questions about whether the thieves might have been prior visitors.

This differs from the Joe Horn case where the robbers were unarmed. The robbers, remember, were running like rabbits when they got shot by Horn. They did not want to fight--they wanted to run. Horn caught a break on that deal.

Post imported post

Criminals aren't generally very smart. Given that the homeowner typically has the tactical advantage (he knows the terrain, and he's presumably ready for anything, otherwise, he wouldn't have a gun in the first place).

If these idiots *were* prior visitors to the house, and they KNEW the occupants had guns, this makes them even more stupid than your typical brand of idiot because they broke in when the occupants were home.

I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes. Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

Post imported post

jsimmons wrote:
    I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes.* Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

Lmfao, I agree everyone should do this.

Post imported post

med9044 wrote:
    jsimmons wrote:
    I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes. Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

There are about 120 million households in this country. Not very many would ever have even one "kill" sticker in the window, much less more than one. The numbers would be miniscule.

I don't think jsimmons has thought this idea through very well.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    med9044 wrote:
    jsimmons wrote:
    I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes.* Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

There are about 120 million households in this country. Not very many would ever have even one "kill" sticker in the window, much less more than one.* The numbers would be miniscule.

I don't think jsimmons has thought this idea through very well.
    *ROFL! I used to do that with cats, possum, etc years ago. Pic of the critter on the fender and then a check mark after for each one that suicided under my car LOL.

On another note for Hank, the above attempt involved humor and it actually is pretty funny too.

Post imported post

I cant help but to think that events like this is just "Life" weeding out the "stupid" and cleaning out the gene-pool!

Semper Fi!

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

How can you folks be so obtuse? Can't you see those poor lads were suffering from sudden acute victim selection failure?

All joking aside, I'm glad there are less malignancies in society, good riddance.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

I wonder if we can send this guy a box of ammo?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I really can't take such a calloused view of things, yes what they did was wrong and it took their lives but I still have pity for them. It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals. Killing a criminal doesn't stop these problems.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    I really can't take such a calloused view of things, yes what they did was wrong and it took their lives but I still have pity for them. It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals. Killing a criminal doesn't stop these problems.

It stopped at least two of them...permanently

Post imported post

It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals.
    Frankly, if they're breaking into my home, I couldn't care less what led them to do it. My family's safety trumps any consideration I might have for the attackers.

I know they made a whole string of choices that ended with them commiting a violent felony. The choices were theirs. The responsibility is theirs.

Armed home invasion is a dangerous profession.

Post imported post

It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals.
    What led them down their path was parental and cultural views that robbery is an acceptable behavior, and what needs to be done to stop it is decorate main street with gang members heads on pikes.

Post imported post

I concur. Justice quickly executed (no pun intended) is a very effective deterrent. When the end result is dragged out over months and years, then it is of no account except to finally remove the villian from society. The deaths of these young idiots is big news here and definitely sent a message that counts.

I pity them. The most guilty here aren't the boys that paid with their lives, it's the egg-sucking liberal dogs that let them get away with more and more as time went by. Thispermissiveness garbage led these boys to an early death.

jim

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:

What would you suggest?

Post imported post

Japle wrote:
    Frankly, if they're breaking into my home, I couldn't care less what led them to do it. My family's safety trumps any consideration I might have for the attackers.

I know they made a whole string of choices that ended with them commiting a violent felony. The choices were theirs. The responsibility is theirs.

I'm not saying I wouldn't pull the trigger to defend myself or others but I don't think as others that killing an intruder will stop crime as a whole. I think getting government out of our lives would be a step in the right direction, capitalizing public schools are a good example.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    Japle wrote:

I'm not saying I wouldn't pull the trigger to defend myself or others but I don't think as others that killing an intruder will stop crime as a whole. I think getting government out of our lives would be a step in the right direction, capitalizing public schools are a good example.
    It's easier to kill criminals than it is to get government out of our lives! We should probably just take the clean up America thing one step at a time. You know, don't set your goals too high, or you're more destined to fail. So lets just go 1 or in this case 2 criminals at a time until we work our way up to the big fish that are ruining this country..

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:

I can.

Someone breaks into my home while I am there, they will face the consequences. The only pity in this is that their parents will not be punished for their failures.

Most folks are gone for many hours a day. When you break into a home with occupants and you are armed, that says you are prepared to kill the occupants. We are just lucky that the good guy in this case was prepared and struck first.

Plain and simple, armed robbery is a dangerous profession. You go down that road, you face the consequences. You really want to stop this?

1 - Make it more of a public spectacle when these things happen.

2 - Make it so that more law abiding Americans can carry in more places so that they can exercise their 2A and defend themselves.:celebrate

Problem with crime right now is that there are so few places you can carry, and so many restrictions (not to mention reciprocity, and different rules in different states). Let the people protect themselves and their families, crime will go down.

Post imported post

ocgso wrote:
    FunkTrooper wrote:

I can.

Someone breaks into my home while I am there, they will face the consequences. The only pity in this is that their parents will not be punished for their failures.

Most folks are gone for many hours a day. When you break into a home with occupants and you are armed, that says you are prepared to kill the occupants. We are just lucky that the good guy in this case was prepared and struck first.

Plain and simple, armed robbery is a dangerous profession. You go down that road, you face the consequences. You really want to stop this?

1 - Make it more of a public spectacle when these things happen.

2 - Make it so that more law abiding Americans can carry in more places so that they can exercise their 2A and defend themselves.:celebrate

Problem with crime right now is that there are so few places you can carry, and so many restrictions (not to mention reciprocity, and different rules in different states). Let the people protect themselves and their families, crime will go down.
    I agree with number 2 and about those restrictions, just don't follow them concealed carry isn't allowed on my college campus but I still carry anyway, I'm sure if more criminals knew that people like us ignored gun free zones maybe they wouldn't be the death traps they are today.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    TFred wrote:

Guess not.

Not really stupid. These guys came equipped with a handgun according to the police report (and two pellet guns). Presumably they figured they would need to use them.

But the robbers here were not competent enough to do the job. The home defender was much better at deploying a firearm than the robbers. He did what he had to and did it very well, even according to the detail-sparse accounts available so far. Kudos to him. Though there are some unanswered questions about whether the thieves might have been prior visitors.

This differs from the Joe Horn case where the robbers were unarmed. The robbers, remember, were running like rabbits when they got shot by Horn. They did not want to fight--they wanted to run. Horn caught a break on that deal.

All I got to say is good shootin Joe, would you like to be my neighbor?
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    I agree with number 2 and about those restrictions, just don't follow them concealed carry isn't allowed on my college campus but I still carry anyway, I'm sure if more criminals knew that people like us ignored gun free zones maybe they wouldn't be the death traps they are today.
    I work on a college campus. Problem is that if you get caught you give the rest of us a bad rep.

Also, it is different in different states, but in NC if I take my gun to work and get caught (even in defense of myself or others) it is a felony. That means I will lose my 2A right, and then I won't be able to defend myself anywhere. Not at home, not at work, not on vacation.......

We have 13 buildings and 2 deputies on my campus. Not exactly good odds if someone comes in and starts shooting.

my 2 cents....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast