• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 dead, 1 seriously wounded, and a 4th arrested

rodbender

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546600,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r1:c0.101721:b27548248:z0

SAN MARCOS, Texas— Police in Texas say a group of teenagers were trying to break into a home when a resident opened fire and killed two of the youths.

San Marcos Police Chief Howard Williams says the shootings happened shortly before 2 a.m. Friday. He says two 16-year-olds died and a third teenager was seriously wounded.

Another teen was unharmed and arrested in the shootings that were about 30 miles south of Austin.

Authorities declined to release the teenagers' identities but say the two killed were from Luling, about 20 miles from San Marcos.

Williams says police responded to a call of a home invasion and shots fired.

Authorities say the three people who were home at the time were not injured.

TFred

imported post

You'd think after Joe Horn was acquitted for shooting buglers stealing his neighbor's stuff, the crooks would learn to not break into houses in Texas.

Guess not.

TFred

TFred

imported post

HankT wrote:
TFred wrote:
You'd think after Joe Horn was acquitted for shooting buglers stealing his neighbor's stuff, the crooks would learn to not break into houses in Texas.

Guess not.
BIG difference here. They probably wanted the guns.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31035
Maybe their motive was different, but if they knew there were gun owners in the house, seems to me they were even more stupid than I first thought!

TFred

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

TFred wrote:
HankT wrote:
TFred wrote:

Guess not.
BIG difference here. They probably wanted the guns.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31035
Maybe their motive was different, but if they knew there were gun owners in the house, seems to me they were even more stupid than I first thought!
Not really stupid. These guys came equipped with a handgun according to the police report (and two pellet guns). Presumably they figured they would need to use them.

But the robbers here were not competent enough to do the job. The home defender was much better at deploying a firearm than the robbers. He did what he had to and did it very well, even according to the detail-sparse accounts available so far. Kudos to him. Though there are some unanswered questions about whether the thieves might have been prior visitors.

This differs from the Joe Horn case where the robbers were unarmed. The robbers, remember, were running like rabbits when they got shot by Horn. They did not want to fight--they wanted to run. Horn caught a break on that deal.

jsimmons

imported post

Criminals aren't generally very smart. Given that the homeowner typically has the tactical advantage (he knows the terrain, and he's presumably ready for anything, otherwise, he wouldn't have a gun in the first place).

If these idiots *were* prior visitors to the house, and they KNEW the occupants had guns, this makes them even more stupid than your typical brand of idiot because they broke in when the occupants were home.

I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes. Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

med9044

imported post

jsimmons wrote:
I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes.  Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.
Lmfao, I agree everyone should do this.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

med9044 wrote:
jsimmons wrote:
I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes. Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

There are about 120 million households in this country. Not very many would ever have even one "kill" sticker in the window, much less more than one. The numbers would be miniscule.

I don't think jsimmons has thought this idea through very well.

FrankC

imported post

HankT wrote:
med9044 wrote:
jsimmons wrote:
I think what we need is something akin to the way fighter pilots recorded their kills on the side of their planes.  Make appropriate window stickers to serve as a warning to other idiots that everyone that has come before is now just a sticker on the window.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

There are about 120 million households in this country. Not very many would ever have even one "kill" sticker in the window, much less more than one.  The numbers would be miniscule.

I don't think jsimmons has thought this idea through very well.

ROFL! I used to do that with cats, possum, etc years ago. Pic of the critter on the fender and then a check mark after for each one that suicided under my car LOL.

On another note for Hank, the above attempt involved humor and it actually is pretty funny too.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

How can you folks be so obtuse? Can't you see those poor lads were suffering from sudden acute victim selection failure?

All joking aside, I'm glad there are less malignancies in society, good riddance.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I really can't take such a calloused view of things, yes what they did was wrong and it took their lives but I still have pity for them. It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals. Killing a criminal doesn't stop these problems.

rscottie

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
I really can't take such a calloused view of things, yes what they did was wrong and it took their lives but I still have pity for them. It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals. Killing a criminal doesn't stop these problems.
It stopped at least two of them...permanently

Japle

imported post

It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals.
Frankly, if they're breaking into my home, I couldn't care less what led them to do it. My family's safety trumps any consideration I might have for the attackers.

I know they made a whole string of choices that ended with them commiting a violent felony. The choices were theirs. The responsibility is theirs.

Armed home invasion is a dangerous profession.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

It makes me wonder what led them down that path because that is what we need to get rid of if we want to stop criminals.
What led them down their path was parental and cultural views that robbery is an acceptable behavior, and what needs to be done to stop it is decorate main street with gang members heads on pikes.

Sealgar

imported post

I concur. Justice quickly executed (no pun intended) is a very effective deterrent. When the end result is dragged out over months and years, then it is of no account except to finally remove the villian from society. The deaths of these young idiots is big news here and definitely sent a message that counts.

I pity them. The most guilty here aren't the boys that paid with their lives, it's the egg-sucking liberal dogs that let them get away with more and more as time went by. Thispermissiveness garbage led these boys to an early death.

jim

Carnivore

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
What would you suggest?

FunkTrooper

imported post

Japle wrote:
Frankly, if they're breaking into my home, I couldn't care less what led them to do it. My family's safety trumps any consideration I might have for the attackers.

I know they made a whole string of choices that ended with them commiting a violent felony. The choices were theirs. The responsibility is theirs.

Armed home invasion is a dangerous profession.
I'm not saying I wouldn't pull the trigger to defend myself or others but I don't think as others that killing an intruder will stop crime as a whole. I think getting government out of our lives would be a step in the right direction, capitalizing public schools are a good example.