• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone doing the Gun Show?

ecocks

imported post

Gun Show at the Fairgrounds (Chinden and Glenwood) on September 12th and 13th, anyone going? Any idea how they normally handle OC'ing?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

They require that every gun that enters the building be unloaded and they will check to make sure it is. Being private property (a private group rents the space, not sponsored by the county) they are legally allowed to do this. When I want to continue to carry at a gun show, I conceal to avoid disarming. With all the guns being handled and passed around I can understand their logic even though I think leaving it in my holster is plenty safe.

John Wolver

imported post

i think a table/ booth would be great. but i need some one else here to head it up and some others to help/ guarantee hours to work it. I have finals for 2 classes next weekend and that will prevent me from doing much. SO anyone interested, get to talking here, pm, and email, phone whatever. Ill help anyway i can, but i cant give any time that weekend until class is over.

ecocks

imported post

I'm willing to do 2-3 hours each day there. We can decide just what we are doing at the Park and Cabella's meetings.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

I won't be in town, would love to otherwise. Pissed too, haven't been to a show here in Boise yet. Out of town everytime. Damn. Since you mentioned the Sunday get together, I will be there with 20-30 pamphlets to hand out to anyone who wants one or who has questions about what we are doing there. See you in Caldwell.

ecocks

imported post

I meant we can decide what we would do with a table at the gun show while we are eating hot dogs on Sunday or during the Cabella's meeting.

Sorry if I was unclear in my phrasing.

widescreen

imported post

Did this get swept underneath the table? I'm assuming most everyone in B-Town will be either at or watching BSU on Saturday. But that still leaves Sunday open for me. I'm planning on CC at this event with some of my guys from work, but i think it might be a little late to get a table. Not only that, but I think it costs a good deal to even reserve a spot there. Maybe next time?

ecocks

imported post

Well, tables were only $50 BUT I misread it, today's show is in Sandpoint.

Ugh! Wanted to get some shopping done today to firm up some decisions.

However, IF we actually want to get anything started on forming up a Pro-2A group, there IS a Lewis and Clark show here in Boise on November 14th and 15th. I'll check on table prices and see if they do any breaksfor non-profits that support their show.

ecocks

imported post

Maybe we should have a discussion decision item about whether to request a table at the upcoming gun show in November? We could pass out gun law info and do some soft recruiting for the "club"/group/whatever we are....