Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: looking for a holster for my HiPoint .40 cal

  1. #1
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    Fobus makes Hi-Point-specific holsters (example: http://www.fobusholster.com/products...R-672-116.html). I'm not sure how many options there are for retention. The .45-cal is pictured, but the frame is the same size as the .40 cal.

    -ljp

  3. #3
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  4. #4
    Lone Star Veteran Gator5713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Aggieland, Texas, USA
    Posts
    593

    Post imported post



    Sorry, I had to...

  5. #5
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  6. #6
    Regular Member MatieA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Egbert, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    403

    Post imported post

    Legba wrote:
    Fobus makes Hi-Point-specific holsters (example: http://www.fobusholster.com/products...R-672-116.html). I'm not sure how many options there are for retention. The .45-cal is pictured, but the frame is the same size as the .40 cal.

    -ljp
    I use this paddle holster my my .40, and have no complaints with it. In order to draw properly I have to wear the holster at about 3:30-4:00 which means when I get into a vehicle I need to remove the pistol and set it next to me. I actually don't mind doing this though because if I were to need it while in the vehicle, I'd rather have it next to me, then in my holster under the seatbelt
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

  7. #7
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  8. #8
    Regular Member MatieA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Egbert, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    403

    Post imported post

    Don't buy from Fobus though.

    Search HPP on Ebay and buy there. I bought mine from The-Right-Deal-LLC store, and the sellers name is therightdeal4all.

    You can almost always find a better deal than the mfgr.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

  9. #9
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    500

    Post imported post

    Gator5713 wrote:


    Sorry, I had to...



    i'm a hi point fan and i have to say that i found that picture absolutely........hilarious


  11. #11
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  12. #12
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  13. #13
    Regular Member MatieA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Egbert, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    403

    Post imported post

    McX wrote:
    Got the Holster in the mail yesterday. Working with one now. It's going to take some getting used to. Spent a few minutes yanking on it trying to get the stubborn piece of plastic to give me my firearm back. Once it get ahold of the gun, it doesn't like to let go. Such is life in the 21st Century.
    Try repositioning how/where you wear the holster; for me if it wear it at about 3:30, the pistol comes out smooth as can be. Anywhere else and I have to try try again
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

  14. #14
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  15. #15
    Regular Member Damiansar-15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mercer Island, WA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    Check out Comp-tac at www.comp-tac.com

    They make the best kydex holsters in my humble perspective....just can't beat the quality, price and quick turn-around...





  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STUARTS DRAFT, VA, ,
    Posts
    94

    Post imported post

    Damiansar-15 wrote:
    Check out Comp-tac at http://www.comp-tac.com

    They make the best kydex holsters in my humble perspective....just can't beat the quality, price and quick turn-around...



    Just looked at your site again and they dont even show a hi-point holster so you may want to research gods gift to guns before you post, and imho they are a little pricey

  17. #17
    Regular Member 2ndammendmentbrotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hammond, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    40

    Post imported post


  18. #18
    Regular Member Damiansar-15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mercer Island, WA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    POORBOY wrote:
    Damiansar-15 wrote:
    Check out Comp-tac at http://www.comp-tac.com

    They make the best kydex holsters in my humble perspective....just can't beat the quality, price and quick turn-around...



    Just looked at your site again and they dont even show a hi-point holster so you may want to research gods gift to guns before you post, and imho they are a little pricey
    they do custom work on request and they don't offer inferior products, e.g. you get what you pay for...not sure why anyone would want to carry/shoot a hi-point, especially to defend one's life,imho...

  19. #19
    Regular Member MatieA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Egbert, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    403

    Post imported post

    Damiansar-15 wrote:
    POORBOY wrote:
    Damiansar-15 wrote:
    Check out Comp-tac at http://www.comp-tac.com

    They make the best kydex holsters in my humble perspective....just can't beat the quality, price and quick turn-around...



    Just looked at your site again and they dont even show a hi-point holster so you may want to research gods gift to guns before you post, and imho they are a little pricey
    they do custom work on request and they don't offer inferior products, e.g. you get what you pay for...not sure why anyone would want to carry/shoot a hi-point, especially to defend one's life,imho...
    I applaud those that can afford a $400+ pistol and buy one. If I had the money I would also. On the other hand I have put over 1000 rounds through my Hi-Point with 0 problems; I trust it with my life (obviously). If I had the money I would buy a "prettier", and lighter pistol, but in this case I don't think it's a matter of getting what you pay for, I think it's more a case of other manufacturers making you pay for their name.

    Anyway I'll climb down off my soapbox now. Y'all have a good day

    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

  20. #20
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Magnolia, Texas, USA
    Posts
    30

    Post imported post

    The right deal store is now closed. I checked it out.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Magnolia, Texas, USA
    Posts
    30

    Post imported post

    That's why I gave mine away, mine was a paddle and everytime I tried to pull the weapon, the holster just came with it. I got mine at Academy and it was adjustable, but just didn't do the job for me. I think I'm just gona go to the simple loop system.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    McX wrote:
    Actually it looks more like this:
    [dons flame suit]

    It looks like a glock....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  24. #24
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •