• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for a holster for my HiPoint .40 cal

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

55124LG.jpg

Sorry, I had to...

MatieA

imported post

Legba wrote:
Fobus makes Hi-Point-specific holsters (example: http://www.fobusholster.com/products/HI_POINT_45_cal_EVOLUTION_PADDLE_HOLSTER-672-116.html). I'm not sure how many options there are for retention. The .45-cal is pictured, but the frame is the same size as the .40 cal.

-ljp
I use this paddle holster my my .40, and have no complaints with it. In order to draw properly I have to wear the holster at about 3:30-4:00 which means when I get into a vehicle I need to remove the pistol and set it next to me. I actually don't mind doing this though because if I were to need it while in the vehicle, I'd rather have it next to me, then in my holster under the seatbelt ;)

MatieA

imported post

Don't buy from Fobus though.

Search HPP on Ebay and buy there. I bought mine from The-Right-Deal-LLC store, and the sellers name is therightdeal4all.

You can almost always find a better deal than the mfgr. :D

bomber

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
55124LG.jpg

Sorry, I had to...

i'm a hi point fan and i have to say that i found that picture absolutely........hilarious

MatieA

imported post

McX wrote:
Got the Holster in the mail yesterday. Working with one now. It's going to take some getting used to. Spent a few minutes yanking on it trying to get the stubborn piece of plastic to give me my firearm back. Once it get ahold of the gun, it doesn't like to let go. Such is life in the 21st Century.
Try repositioning how/where you wear the holster; for me if it wear it at about 3:30, the pistol comes out smooth as can be. Anywhere else and I have to try try again :)

POORBOY

imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
Check out Comp-tac at http://www.comp-tac.com

They make the best kydex holsters in my humble perspective....just can't beat the quality, price and quick turn-around...
Just looked at your site again and they dont even show a hi-point holster so you may want to research gods gift to guns before you post, and imho they are a little pricey

Damiansar-15

imported post

POORBOY wrote:
Damiansar-15 wrote:

They make the best kydex holsters in my humble perspective....just can't beat the quality, price and quick turn-around...
Just looked at your site again and they dont even show a hi-point holster so you may want to research gods gift to guns before you post, and imho they are a little pricey
they do custom work on request and they don't offer inferior products, e.g. you get what you pay for...not sure why anyone would want to carry/shoot a hi-point, especially to defend one's life,imho...

MatieA

imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
POORBOY wrote:
Damiansar-15 wrote:

they do custom work on request and they don't offer inferior products, e.g. you get what you pay for...not sure why anyone would want to carry/shoot a hi-point, especially to defend one's life,imho...
I applaud those that can afford a $400+ pistol and buy one. If I had the money I would also. On the other hand I have put over 1000 rounds through my Hi-Point with 0 problems; I trust it with my life (obviously). If I had the money I would buy a "prettier", and lighter pistol, but in this case I don't think it's a matter of getting what you pay for, I think it's more a case of other manufacturers making you pay for their name.

Anyway I'll climb down off my soapbox now. Y'all have a good day :D