• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Directions to the OC BBQ

rodbender

imported post

Below is a link to a map at mapquest, Googlemaps has it way down the road. Anyways, my place is between Hogeye and Uriah on the west side of the road.. Mapquest shows that Dry Creek Rd joins with Uriah and Suzette. It does not, so don’t try it.

Time: Saturday,Oct. 10th, 10AM - 6PM.

http://www.mapquest.com

Link wasn't working. Just go to the link and type in the address.

My address is:

1384 Upper Elgin River Rd. (Also known as County Rd 127)

Elgin, Tx 78621

Here’s the short list of rules.

1. There will be no unholstering except in 1 designated area.

2. This area will be roped off with a table for disassembly for demonstration and/or cleaning. Bring your own cleaning materials. (One person at a time. Don’t hog it.)

3. Anyone that unholsters outside of this area will be asked to leave.

4. Anyone that has a negligent/accidental discharge will be asked to leave if no injury or property damage. If property damage or injury results, you will be asked to relinquish your weapon until it is resolved.

5. Bring your long guns. They must be unloaded and will be for demonstration purposes only. Another tableWILL be set up for the long guns.

6. Bring a portable chair and/or table would probably help. I’ll have some.

7. Keep track of your stuff. If you leave it, it will be sold on Ebay. LOL. Not really, just contact me and if it is here I will try my best to get it to you.

8. [/b]No alcohol or drugs, period. [/b]

9.[/b]PM me with RSVP and how many in your party.

10. Open Carry will not be a requirement.[/b]

TehGruu

imported post

Hey, what time are we looking at? Also, I was thinking it might be cool to snap some photos like other groups have done.

-Gruu

rodbender

imported post

I was thinking say 10AM - 6PM. But that is negotiable if anybody has any other ideas.

That would mean thatfar awayfolks wouldn't have to leave too early and still get here to enjoy some of the BBQ, and would have time to get home before it gets too late. We can eat around 3PM or so.

Anybody with other suggestions need to speak up now.

Only 2 people have said they are coming. You and Crossfire.

If my nephew's wife is not working, she will be here with her pro photo stuff I'm sure. I'll let you know, but I'm sure that somebody else will bring a camera as well.

I've decided to invite the folks at TexasGunTalk as well.

thx997303

imported post

Well, I am definitely going to try to attend, but you see, my wife is due to deliver our second child on the 13th of October.

Depending on how things work out, I may be able to attend.

rodbender

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Well, I am definitely going to try to attend, but you see, my wife is due to deliver our second child on the 13th of October.

Depending on how things work out, I may be able to attend.
Bring her along, my 2 nephews are EMTs and one's wife is a paramedic. We got it covered. LOL

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

rodbender wrote:

2. This area will be roped off with a table for disassembly for demonstration and/or cleaning. Bring your own cleaning materials. (One person at a time. Don’t hog it.)

4. Anyone that has a negligent/accidental discharge will be asked to leave if no injury or property damage. If property damage or injury results, you will be asked to relinquish your weapon until it is resolved.

5. Bring your long guns. They must be unloaded and will be for demonstration purposes only. Another tableWILL be set up for the long guns.

7. Keep track of your stuff. If you leave it, it will be sold on Ebay. LOL. Not really, just contact me and if it is here I will try my best to get it to you.

Sounds like a great idea and a great time. Kudos to rodbender for setting it up.

Also, it's veryinteresting how gun control (rules/regs/penalties/standards/collateral rules) makes sense at times. And from certain perspectives.

Darn ironic, really.
39.gif

TehGruu

imported post

I hope we get a good turn out. I'm getting a little excited to spend the day with some like minded folks and OCDO people. :cool:

-Gruu

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Plan on me attending. I will let you know closer to the event for sure, unfortunately work is completely unpredictable for me...
I am looking forward to meeting some of the members here, as well as some of the members of other organizations that have been invited as well!

Thank you Dennis for all of your efforts in organizing this event, and being a liaison with the other groups!

rodbender

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Plan on me attending. I will let you know closer to the event for sure, unfortunately work is completely unpredictable for me...
I am looking forward to meeting some of the members here, as well as some of the members of other organizations that have been invited as well!

Thank you Dennis for all of your efforts in organizing this event, and being a liaison with the other groups!
No thanks is necessary. This will be just as much fun for me as it will be for you guys. At least I hope we all have fun.

rodbender

imported post

Below is a copy of the email I sent to invite Debra Medina to the BBQ on the 10th. If and when I get a reply, you guys will be notified.

I've been through your website fairly thoroughly and I liked what I saw.I alsohappened to notice that you had nothing planned for Oct. 10, not officially anyways. It just so happens that I am hosting a BBQ for the folks at http://www.opencarry.org. Most will be carrying their sidearms in the open, the way it is suppose to be done.I have been asked to invite you along with members of the Texas legislature. It seemsthere are someat OCDOthat liked what they saw as well.This BBQ will be held at my home. Please consider this an official invitation to join us. It will be from 10AM until 6PM. If you are interested in attending or just dropping by for a few minutes, let me know and I will send you my address, or you can find it at the link below.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31055&forum_id=51&jump_to=527123

Thanks for your time,
Dennis Patterson

TehGruu

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Below is a copy of the email I sent to invite Debra Medina to the BBQ on the 10th. If and when I get a reply, you guys will be notified.

I've been through your website fairly thoroughly and I liked what I saw.I alsohappened to notice that you had nothing planned for Oct. 10, not officially anyways. It just so happens that I am hosting a BBQ for the folks at http://www.opencarry.org. Most will be carrying their sidearms in the open, the way it is suppose to be done.I have been asked to invite you along with members of the Texas legislature. It seemsthere are someat OCDOthat liked what they saw as well.This BBQ will be held at my home. Please consider this an official invitation to join us. It will be from 10AM until 6PM. If you are interested in attending or just dropping by for a few minutes, let me know and I will send you my address, or you can find it at the link below.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31055&forum_id=51&jump_to=527123

Thanks for your time,
Dennis Patterson

Outstanding!

-Gruu

rodbender

imported post

This is Debra Medina's first response to my invitation to the BBQ. Actually one of her staff. I sent my invitation at 8:41 PM Friday. This Replywas at 11:08 PM Friday.

Dear Mr. Patterson,

Thank you for contacting the Medina for Texas Campaign and for your invitation for Debra to attend your BBQ on October 10. I will check the schedule and get with Debra and getback with you soon to let you know whether she will be able to attend or not.

Best regards,

Terri Mund
Scheduler/Office Manager
Debra Medina for Texas Governor Campaign
terri@medinafortexas.com
979-531-9677

This was her second response at 11:24 PM Friday.

Well Mr. Patterson,

Obviously Debra did not have to think about this invitation very long! She is available and is looking forward to attending your BBQ!

I have a few questions I need to ask youbefore I complete the scheduling request. Would you like for her to speak at the BBQ? If so, for how long and on any specific topic? Would it be appropriate for us to publically post your event on our website's"Events" page and invite Debra's "We Texan"supporters to join herthere? That may be quite a few folks. Would there be a cost?Would they need to RSVP?

I have attached our Event Information form. If you would, please complete the information and send it to me with the additional information requested above. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to working with you on this event.

Best regards,

Terri Mund
Scheduler/Office Manager
Debra Medina for Texas Governor Campaign
terri@medinafortexas.com
979-531-9677

Everyone should invite their rep and senator. Post the replies here so I can let her know who will be attending.

PT111

imported post

HankT wrote:
rodbender wrote:

Sounds like a great idea and a great time. Kudos to rodbender for setting it up.

Also, it's veryinteresting how gun control (rules/regs/penalties/standards/collateral rules) makes sense at times. And from certain perspectives.

Darn ironic, really.
39.gif
I won't be there due to distance but would lie to echo the Kudis to Rodbender. I also would like to point out the irony of having to create and post these rules for an OC BBQ. The rules sound a lot like laws, especially the confiscation of one's weapon before being found guilty or innocent.