• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Car=End of of OC for Vandal?

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

so if the city cops buy a car like the one you drive. could they be charged with impersonating joe schmoe

TechnoWeenie

imported post

PM me for some advice, as well as 'the hookup' for turning your P71 back into it's civilian looking counterpart very easily/inexpensively.

Hopefully you didn't overpay, but I fear you did.

I bought an '04 with 57K for $3600 a little over a month ago..

ETA: My car, although equipped with quite a bit of equipment, also has a vanity tag that anyone can tell, and is registered/insured/owned by my company, so there is a bit of a difference.

trunk.jpg

As I said, shoot me a PM if you want some tips on how to keep it lower profile.

Both Myself and Mainsail have add'l equipment in our cars, both of us OC, neither of us have had any issues (for the most part), neither of us drive like idiots, 'act' like anything, or whatever. There have been a few times where I've gotten questions, and the first words out of my mouth is to explain that it's a demonstration vehicle and I sell/outfit the cars, and am not a member of any department...

With you, the easiest way to avoid those types of issues is to have me (or you!) give it a civvy makeover, IOTW swap out all the trim/grille/wheel covers, etc that make it look LESS like a police car.

Something as simple as wheel covers can give the car a completely different look...

Before

ds.jpg

20 mins later...

20mins.jpg

(better shot, later)

dsrear.jpg

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Do they replace the hard plastic rear seats before sale?
And what about the 'protective' divider mount holes?

I prefer hatchbacks, don't know if it is to 'violate' fed transport law,
or I just like having more room to throw junk in the car, but a military
MP jeep would tempt me a little......

Your best defense is the CWAG call. Why would they have a 911 call
about you having a gun if the citizen thought you were a cop?
Of course if you have the misfortune to break down on the side of the
road I wouldn't sit in car waiting for the tow truck.
And worst of all, no donuts in the car. :lol:

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

if someone needs some ford police center caps I have about 6 for 40.00

or if you have a charger i have 10

4 used, 4 never installed and 2 new in box for 180.00