• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson Fireworks

T Vance

imported post

Kimberguy asked that I post that he will be in attendance at the Jackson Fireworks tonight at Cascade Falls. He wants to know if anyonewould like to join him, preferably with a video camera. Respond here if you do, and he will check on it.

wally1120

imported post

I am going to be there Kimberguy called me and we are going to be dressed up looking fly as SHI&. Hopefully others are going to be there as well. The more Law Abiding citizens W/Guns the better.

Kimberguy

imported post

thank you T, if anyone does plan to attend, pm me your phone number so we can meet up, i'm lear about the ak though it is a pistol.... i'll have it with me and decide later but that is the plan so far.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
thank you T, if anyone does plan to attend, pm me your phone number so we can meet up, i'm lear about the ak though it is a pistol.... i'll have it with me and decide later but that is the plan so far.
You sound a little casual about it. What is your purpose for carrying the AK pistol, if you decide it's a "go?"

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
education to the masses my dear Watson, a great conversation piece.

No kidding, Sherlock.

But what exactly are you trying to teach the masses? What is your pedagogical goal?

wally1120

imported post

Only had a Kid ask us about having guns. After the fireworks went to Denny`s to meet up with some of Kimberguy`s friends and a waiter there was freeking out looking at both of our hips, nothing said just funny to see his reaction when he saw us OCing. Was probly a little intimating seeing 2 guys with 2 guns on there hips that could be seen anyway.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

springerdave wrote:
Kimberguy, see if your pedagogical goal can be to teach Hank T to share his location with us. We know he doesn't have to, but some here are curious about locations as they pertain to opinions.

Huh? "Some hereare curious?" Where is "here?" Who is "some?"

"As they pertain to opinions?" Huh? Which opinions?

Shoot me a PM, SD, if you wanna know anything.

Glad things went fine for Kimberguy's deployment of his AK pistol.

T Vance

imported post

HankT wrote:
Glad things went fine for Kimberguy's deployment of his AK pistol.
Not positive, but I think he decided not to OC the AK because it was only him and Wally. That's the direction he sounded like he was taking when I talked to him on the phoneprior to the fireworks starting.

wally1120

imported post

Sorry Kimberguy didn`t make his AK debut. He said that he is going to have that on Tuesday at the Tea Party when there are more people. He did have the AK in the bed of the truck during the fire works where some people could see it before it got dark,But he did have it slinged on his shoulder.

Kimberguy

imported post

once I got there I decided to wait. over all extremely positive, there were just a few little kids with questions, I asked their mother of she minded that i explain it to them, she smiled and said "go ahead."

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Hank T, here, meaning on this site. Some meaning myself and others that have asked you what your location is. Opinions, means the opinions that you share with others that may be relative to Michigan issues. I know that you do not have to display your location, as no one here is required to, but your profile says State Researcher and that I am curious as to whether you are a resident of my state of Michigan or not.springerdave, proud resident of Michigan.

T Vance

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Hank T, here, meaning on this site. Some meaning myself and others that have asked you what your location is. Opinions, means the opinions that you share with others that may be relative to Michigan issues. I know that you do not have to display your location, as no one here is required to, but your profile says State Researcher and that I am curious as to whether you are a resident of my state of Michigan or not.springerdave, proud resident of Michigan.

+1 (I too have been curious about you Hank)

I've wondered the same thing. My assumption (and it's only an assumption) is that Hank is not from Michigan. I only see him post on the Michigan threads once in a while, yet he has over 4100 posts. So assume that Hank is just checking in on either all the state's forums, or a select few that he is interested in.

I do wonder whyHank has so many posts, but in the several posts I have seen fromhim he usually seems to question the reason people are doing certain things. Not always, but several times I have noticed this. Maybe him not being (possibly)a "Michigander" , this is why he questions some of the things people have made because the state he (possibly) lives in does things different than Michigan.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

T Vance wrote:

I've wondered the same thing. My assumption (and it's only an assumption) is that Hank is not from Michigan. I only see him post on the Michigan threads once in a while, yet he has over 4100 posts. So assume that Hank is just checking in on either all the state's forums, or a select few that he is interested in.

I do wonder whyHank has so many posts, but in the several posts I have seen fromhim he usually seems to question the reason people are doing certain things. Not always, but several times I have noticed this. Maybe him not being (possibly)a "Michigander" , this is why he questions some of the things people have made because the state he (possibly) lives in does things different than Michigan.

I think you might be taking a different look at OCDO than I do. I use the "Recent" and "My Account" views almost entirely in visiting this forum. So the threads come up from all subforums by date/time.

I read what interests me with regard to OC, self-defense, legal issues, etc. My opinions are expressed as both positive and negative. For example, I do recall seeing some nice work by MOC and I commented on that. I vaguely recall an exchange of e-mails with a pleasant fellow from the Michigan group (one of the 'V' guys). I think we were arguing a point or two about something. (Not arguing in the negative sense, rather in the rhetorical, thought-provoking vein.)

OCDO is a national forum. I tend to look at it in that perspective. But of course, everything that happens, happens somewhere, in some state. However, it'snot veryimportant very often which state too me.

As far as having so many posts, I don't think it's too too many. Actually, there'd be more but BobCav and longwatch deleted a bunch of them for some odd reasons. I've been meaning to repost them, but ....time.....

T Vance

imported post

HankT wrote:
I think you might be taking a different look at OCDO than I do. I use the "Recent" and "My Account" views almost entirely in visiting this forum.(yes I do use it differently. I usually stick to the Michigan forum, but sometimes check out the main page, and occasionaly other states)So the threads come up from all subforums by date/time.

I read what interests me with regard to OC, self-defense, legal issues, etc. (me too) My opinions are expressed as both positive and negative. (I have noticedyou have expressed both P&N, butI seem to have noticed the negative ones more - maybe it's just me)For example, I do recall seeing some nice work by MOC and I commented on that. I vaguely recall an exchange of e-mails with a pleasant fellow from the Michigan group (one of the 'V' guys). I think we were arguing a point or two about something. (Not arguing in the negative sense, rather in the rhetorical, thought-provoking vein.) (We were. I never felt it was negative either).

OCDO is a national forum. I tend to look at it in that perspective. (I agree, but I tend to stick to the Michigan forum for the most part) But of course, everything that happens, happens somewhere, in some state. However, it'snot veryimportant very often which state too me.

As far as having so many posts, I don't think it's too too many. (Never said it was. I belonged to another forum where I had a ton of comments too. Hell I joined this forum back in April, and am almost at 1000 posts!)Actually, there'd be more but BobCav and longwatch deleted a bunch of them for some odd reasons. I've been meaning to repost them, but ....time.....
Someof us are just curious about people that we interact with online. The number of posts you have tell me/us that you obviously have an interest in OC.

Kimberguy

imported post

HankT wrote:
T Vance wrote:

I think you might be taking a different look at OCDO than I do. I use the "Recent" and "My Account" views almost entirely in visiting this forum. So the threads come up from all subforums by date/time.

I read what interests me with regard to OC, self-defense, legal issues, etc. My opinions are expressed as both positive and negative. For example, I do recall seeing some nice work by MOC and I commented on that. I vaguely recall an exchange of e-mails with a pleasant fellow from the Michigan group (one of the 'V' guys). I think we were arguing a point or two about something. (Not arguing in the negative sense, rather in the rhetorical, thought-provoking vein.)

OCDO is a national forum. I tend to look at it in that perspective. But of course, everything that happens, happens somewhere, in some state. However, it'snot veryimportant very often which state too me.

As far as having so many posts, I don't think it's too too many. Actually, there'd be more but BobCav and longwatch deleted a bunch of them for some odd reasons. I've been meaning to repost them, but ....time.....
i don't mind, i have noticed both positive and negitive feedback, i think it bothers some people because of how misterious you are. most of us have a good idea of who anyon else is.