• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be in Napa

Pace

imported post

I've been involved in OC in Arizona and NEvada, will be in Napa without most of my guns unfortunately, since msot are illegal, but will be carrying those with 10 round mags.

I'd love to meet anyone in the area about OC, gun Rights and perhaps how to change the laws in CA.

Best,
Pace

mjones

imported post

Pace wrote:
I've been involved in OC in Arizona and NEvada, will be in Napa without most of my guns unfortunately, since msot are illegal, but will be carrying those with 10 round mags.

I'd love to meet anyone in the area about OC, gun Rights and perhaps how to change the laws in CA.

Best,
Pace

You do realize that the 'not unsafe handgun list' only applies to purchases from a dealer right?

...Presuming they aren't 'assault weapon' pistols (No threaded barrels or vertical foregrips)

Pace

imported post

Most of them are high capacity guns, without low capacity mags available. My glock 23 does have a 10 capacity mag avail.

inbox485

imported post

AlanR wrote:
It's not quite as simple as spacer blocks, the magazine needs to "permanently altered". See this thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=29159&forum_id=12&highlight=permanently+altered

If you replace the thin base plate with a really thick one or epoxy the spacer block to the base plate, you should be good to go. Just don't bring parts into CA that would allow you to switch back. Converting a mag with a thick base plate back to high capacity is no different that adding a +2 grip extension since they both require additional parts. Just don't have those parts in your possession.

AlanR

imported post

Except a mag extension protrudes from the outside of the mag. Unless you cut a notch in the front of the mag I don't know how you would slide in a base plate that protruded to the inside.

inbox485

imported post

AlanR wrote:
Except a mag extension protrudes from the outside of the mag. Unless you cut a notch in the front of the mag I don't know how you would slide in a base plate that protruded to the inside.

Perhaps my use of the term baseplate wasn't clear. On xd mags there is the plate that goes under the spring and then the plate that slides onto the rails at the bottom of the mag. I'm talking about adding to / replacing the plate that follows the mag spring. It is as permanent as it can be without preventing disassembly hence my comparison to being able to add a +2 extension to a 10 round mag.