• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Sam Boyd Stadium

I

inNV

imported post

Is Sam Boyd Stadium considered school property since that is where the Rebels play? Can you carry there to Rebels games or other events, or is it a no no. I am reffering to concealed carry.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The fan code of conduct mentions nothing about firearms but does say that patrons and bags are subject to search:

http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/unlv/genrel/auto_pdf/08-fan-code-of-conduct

The stadium fan guide lists many prohibited items but does not mention firearms or weapons:

http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/unlv/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/UNLVFB-SBSFanGuide
Prohibited Items
Except for items pertaining to medical conditions or child care, all bags, backpacks, large cases for binoculars/cameras or other items, fanny packs and large purses (larger than 10” by 10”) are prohibited and banned. Only items required for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted. All carried items and entrants are subject to search.

Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession is subject to arrest.

Prohibited items include:
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Baby seats
  • Baby strollers
  • Backpacks, fanny packs, large purses (larger than 10” by 10”)
  • Balloons
  • Banners, Signs
  • Beach Balls
  • Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
  • Coolers or containers
  • Explosives
  • Folding chairs or stools
  • Food and beverages
  • Ice chest
  • Laser pointers
  • Pets (with the exception of service animals used by disabled guests)
  • Personal heaters
  • Stadium seats with armrests and/or over 16 inches wide
  • Umbrellas are NOT allowed inside the stadium per Mountain West Conference
  • Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistles, etc.)
  • Video cameras
While it doesn't specifically list weapons or firearms, it does say that unlawful items will subject you to arrest.

So a quick search of the Clark County Assessor turns up parcel 16126801001, Sam Boyd Stadium:

http://gisgate.co.clark.nv.us/openweb/asp/openweb.asp?getParcel=16126801001

According to the assessor, the land and improvements are owned by:
UNIVERSITY BOARD OF REGENTS
%UNIVERSITY NV LAS VEGAS
4505 S MARYLAND PKWY
BOX 451060
LAS VEGAS NV 89154-1060
Under NRS 202.3673 (3).a, permittees may not carry concealed weapons into:
A public building that is located on the property of a public school or a child care facility or the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, unless the permittee has obtained written permission to carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building.
Further, according to NRS 202.3673 (6).b.1, these buildings are defined as
Any component of the Nevada System of Higher Education and used for any purpose related to the System.
And don't think about OC, that's covered by NRS 202.265:
NRS 202.265 Possession of dangerous weapon on property or in vehicle of school or child care facility; penalty; exceptions.​
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall not carry or possess while on the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private or public school or child care facility, or while in a vehicle of a private or public school or child care facility:
(e) A pistol, revolver or other firearm; or
So I'm afraid Rebel games are off-limits for firearms.

Erus

imported post

Biggest danger in a firearm brought to a rebels game is the fan who brought it shooting themselves. :lol:

(been a rebel fan, felt the pain)

Ok, in bad taste, probably.. but it struck me as funny...

I

inNV

imported post

Erus wrote:
Biggest danger in a firearm brought to a rebels game is the fan who brought it shooting themselves. :lol:

(been a rebel fan, felt the pain)

Ok, in bad taste, probably.. but it struck me as funny...

Hey they kicked butt, 38-3 on Sat.

Yea I was hoping it was owned by the city or county or something. Just another place you can't carry I guess..I wish the NV Legislator would change the stupid law on campus carry. Don't these people see that nothing bad has happened (as a result of carry on campus) at any of the states/schools that allow carry? Why do people need to keep playing on unfounded fears? People are so stupid.

combatcarry

imported post

According to the Clark County Openweb Info Mapper the stadium is owned by the Clark County Board of Regents. The Parking Lot is owned by the county.

I know I've been there once (to watch Utah State beat UNLV) :celebrate and I didn't take my gun...