• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Air powerd bb

JonseyMcFly

imported post

I carry a power line 15xt* Air powered bb*,I have had it for a year, I only carry it open every now and then, I got tired of having to explain my self to every one. Had the cop's called a few time's. I mostly just leave it on the dash bored now, It is allway's in it's holster. It's not a powerful gun. I go to a shooting range around my home town, And i am tired of getting made fun of about it. I do love my gun, I also own a 30-06 witch i love, But i am 18 and tired of getting made fun of about it. I will get new pistol when i turn 21.

I am just wondering if you guy's see any problem with it, Just like when i bought my rifle i walked out of wallmart with this guy strapped to my waist.

It is under my pillow at night and my 30-06 is under my bed.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

You can own a handgun at 18 legally, you just need to buy it at a private sale.

Is this the BB gun you have? http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Daisy_15xt_BB_Gun_Pistol_CO2_Repeater_p/day15xt.htm

Personally I wouldn't want to rely on a BB gun for defense. It might cause a lot of pain and bury some BBs into someone but I don't think it would penetrate deeply enough to effectively stop someone who was determined.

JonseyMcFly

imported post

Yea, That's the one. So i can't legally buy one from a store, But i could buy one from some one personally?

mbgreite

imported post

You sleep with a BB gun under your pillow? I thought only people in movies slept with "guns" under their pillows...

Gizmoe142

imported post

ya Check the local classifieds, newspapers and local online adds. Find a nice handgun and buy it. totally legal. as long as the guy you buy it from is not one of these crazy people who think you have to be 21 just because the store says so, you wont have a problem.

I have bought all of my handguns that way. and i have quite a few. Ignore all the goofy things the guns shops have posted and looking the private gun sale laws you find there are lots of things you can do contrary to popular belief.

Just do your research and check prices at the gun shops and gunbroker.com so you dont over pay, cycle the action a couple times and make sure there are no obvious problems.

Oh and when you go to buy ammo at the store for your new handgun, and they give you the raft of crap about you not being 21 to buy handgun ammo, explain to them that it is for your rifle. (you need to have a rifle model in mind to match your caliber, but almost all handgun calibers have a rifle counterpart) An example of that is 9mm used in numerous handguns as well as the Hi Point carbine and the LAR-9mm, or 357mag used in the Marlin lever actions
OR
explain to them that the ammo policy is a store policy and not a law because the federal FFL book says 12 years old to buy rim fire (e.g. 22lr, 17HMR, 5mm, ect) 16 years old to buy rifle and shotgun (e.g. 30.06, 270, 12ga, ect.) and 18 years old to buy handgun(45acp, 380, 357mag, ect.) unless in use for a rifle

I will look and see if I can find the reference for this I read it in a dealers FFL book once and wrote down the section.

Let us know when you get one and what it is. Good luck on your first handgun.

thejax

imported post

You don't seriously have a 15XT do you? I love BB guns and sometimes I carry them instead of a firearm. Which is my preference.

If you like BB guns let me suggest a Crossman Pro 77. It has blowback and once you own it, you will love it so much that you will not be in such a hurry to get a real gun at 21.

By the way, my first BB gun was a 15XT. I thought it was great. Then I bought my Pro 77 and I wanted to throw my 15XT in the trash. I still have it though. Just a great gun.