• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSP Site answers our question

packinheatmiinoh

imported post

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][font="Arial, Helvetica"]Everyone keeps asking me if OC is legal, I have been searching for it in print (other than here), I have found a couple of places but nothing solid, This looks pretty solid to me. let me know what you think

This is directly from the MSP website. it is under firearm related questions, way down to the bottom

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654-10953--,00.html

I normally print fliers for my encounters I will add this to my new pamphlet

Firearms Related Questions
[/font]
[/size][/font]
[align=center][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][/size][/font][/align] [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"] [font="Arial, Helvetica"]1.Is it legal to carry a visible pistol in public?[/font] [/size][/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][font="Arial, Helvetica"]AlthoughMCL 750.227restricts carrying a pistol concealed on your person or in a vehicle, there is no statute that specifically prohibits carrying a visible pistol.MCL 750.234dstates that you cannot possess any firearm in a depository financial institution, a church or other house of religious worship, court, theatre, sports arena, day care center, hospital or an establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, unless that possession is with the permission of the owner or his/her agent of the entity.[/font][/size][/font]

Bronson

imported post

packinheatmiinoh wrote:
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-1][font="Arial, Helvetica"]Everyone keeps asking me if OC is legal, I have been searching for it in print (other than here), I have found a couple of places but nothing solid, This looks pretty solid to me. let me know what you think

This is directly from the MSP website. it is under firearm related questions, way down to the bottom

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654-10953--,00.html

I normally print fliers for my encounters I will add this to my new pamphlet

Firearms Related Questions
[/font]
[/size][/font]

[align=center][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-1][/size][/font][/align][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-1][font="Arial, Helvetica"]1.Is it legal to carry a visible pistol in public?[/font] [/size][/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-1][font="Arial, Helvetica"]AlthoughMCL 750.227restricts carrying a pistol concealed on your person or in a vehicle, there is no statute that specifically prohibits carrying a visible pistol.MCL 750.234dstates that you cannot possess any firearm in a depository financial institution, a church or other house of religious worship, court, theatre, sports arena, day care center, hospital or an establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, unless that possession is with the permission of the owner or his/her agent of the entity.[/font][/size][/font]

I noticethey conviently left out that anyone licensed by this or another state to carry a concealed pistol is exempt from all of the PFZs they listed in the last paragraph.

Make sure in your literature that you include that little tidbit of info.

Bronson