• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Willing to Donate to California OC

Pace

imported post

I'm willing to donate a few thousand dollars to California OC defense funds, please get in touch with me here.

For those who don't know, briefly, I have been involved in Law Enforcement (had an office in 7wtc on 9/11, 9th floor), have a background in computer forensics, child-abuse investigations, and much more. Most recently, I am a well known personality in marketing and advertising -- and very much involved on local levels with many organization, even those not traditional pro-gun, such as the ACLU of Nevada.

Last month I was illegally evicted from a house I was renting in Nevada, because the owner was anti-gun, and made claims within several days of moving in, from me pointing, shooting guns, being a drug dealer, etc. I wont go into details, but we had an out of court settlement that the LL has already violated (not returned funds). Right now I am living in Phoenix after 17 years gone.

I am very much interested in assisting any organization that is willing to overturn CA gun laws, or needs help with defending OC'ers.

Best Wishes,
Pace

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Pace wrote:
I'm willing to donate a few thousand dollars to California OC defense funds, please get in touch with me here.

For those who don't know, briefly, I have been involved in Law Enforcement (had an office in 7wtc on 9/11, 9th floor), have a background in computer forensics, child-abuse investigations, and much more. Most recently, I am a well known personality in marketing and advertising -- and very much involved on local levels with many organization, even those not traditional pro-gun, such as the ACLU of Nevada.

Last month I was illegally evicted from a house I was renting in Nevada, because the owner was anti-gun, and made claims within several days of moving in, from me pointing, shooting guns, being a drug dealer, etc. I wont go into details, but we had an out of court settlement that the LL has already violated (not returned funds). Right now I am living in Phoenix after 17 years gone.

I am very much interested in assisting any organization that is willing to overturn CA gun laws, or needs help with defending OC'ers.

Best Wishes,
Pace

At present there is no established open carry advocacy group or mechanism by which funding can be maintained.

The Calguns Foundation is Californias driving force in second amendment advocacy, but the board and legal counsel are not supportive of UOC or individual open carry at this time. If you wanted to fund defense of open carry its possible that the CGF would work with you to earmark the funds towards legal defense of UOC.

Your support is very much appreciated and we are grateful you have elected to lend your capital to those in need.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And fortunately for many OC'ers I am the only OC'er that has actually been charged and facing a trial.

We are still working to build the leadership in California, but as we do we could use those funds better in helping our organization. . . Chartering busses for lobbying days in Sacramento, business cards, flyers, infrastructure. . .

But honestly Calguns is more active in court cases. The problem is that they are not for OC yet. They only wish to use OC as a movement to get shall-issue CC.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for any help you're able to give us.

The Madison Society is another great CA litigation group. They're the ones responsible for the Nordyke case that may get the 2A incorporated against the states. (Like CalGuns, they are a certified non-profit, so donations are tax-deductable.)

www.madison-society.org

Of course, you could always donate to Thesues' defense fund. I believe CalGuns Foundation is still taking donations that can be earmarked for use in Thesues' defense.

Thesues is being maliciously prosecuted under the CA "Gun Free School Zone Act". The DA is trying to get the court to rule that the "private property" exemption does not apply to private property that is open to the public (essentially making that exemption useless outside the walls of your home). It's likely his case will need to go to appeal, so he'll need all the help he can get.

Pace

imported post

I will contact Theseus, I know of his case as mentioned in the Nevada forums.

I will contact these two organizations and see what can be done. I will be coming from AZ next week and would love to meet with anyone about the issues and see what could be done.

I think one of the issues that need to be made clear, and I've said this to the chagrin of many, is that this is not a conservative cause, it is not a liberal cause, it is an AMERICAN CAUSE. The right to bear arms is an essential part of the constitution at #2, because its an essential right to protect the rest of the constitution.

Unfortunately the ACLU in most states has ignored my emails, my phone calls because they don't get it: that the issues of gun rights goes beyond a guy carrying a AR-15 at a rally, but many other issues that they refuse to even realize: Arbitrary CCW permits, where minorities are denied permits at higher rates than the general public, black men being stopped on the street because of MWAG calls and it being used as way to profile.

Either way, look forward to meeting anyone in CA

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Pace wrote:
I think one of the issues that need to be made clear, and I've said this to the chagrin of many, is that this is not a conservative cause, it is not a liberal cause, it is an AMERICAN CAUSE. The right to bear arms is an essential part of the constitution at #2, because its an essential right to protect the rest of the constitution.
I agree. This is perhaps one of the larger hurdles we face: convincing the 'pro-gun' groups to work together despite their disagreements on non-gun issues.

A wise man once said: "we must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

ETA: What part of CA will you be visiting? Let us know; perhaps we can plan a get-together in that area so you can meet some of the activists.

Pace

imported post

I will be in Napa, California for a week starting the 11th.

Unfortunately in this country, there is a polarization that has occurred in politics in which causes tend to 'brainwash' their own side into believing blindly in their own political group, when in reality when they are asked questions, they don't necessarily believe in either party completely.

When you ask a "liberal woman" if she'd like to perhaps get a gun to defend herself after working a night-shift, she'd say "Of course" but she doesn't' know how to, or its not available in her town. She'll tell you that it makes perfect sense for her or any hard-working American to own a gun to defend herself. She just believes the nonsense that people like myself are buying guns and then selling them on the street for a few bucks...

My mother is a die-hard liberal, fought for civil rights for 60+ years. To ask her to support gun rights is like asking her to support Nazi Germany. She's been a bit educated, and a little softer on the subject and understands now what an AR-15 is (its not a machine gun) and that hollow point bullets are actually safer...

Either way, my biggest cause right now is getting all the groups to work together, to get average Americans to pick up a gun for self-defense, apply for CCWs, to be part of the growing amount of Americans who want a gun at home, in their car, on their person, whatever it may be in order to protect themselves when the police can't arrive...