Thread: Knife to gun.

Post imported post

I know in my state you can open carry a fire arm. I was wondering if open carry law's aplly to knives and bladed weapon's also. I would gladly carry my hunting knife just as much as my pistol i would do it more for the fact that it would scare less people.

Activist Member

Post imported post

It depends on the state. What state are you in?

In my state, edged weapons can generally be carried openly but they do not have the same protections as firearms and localities can make their own regulations. As a result there is a patchwork of local laws that prohibit the carry of blades. I only carry my blade when I am in an area where I have researched the local laws due to the lack of state preemption in this field. In my state it is safer from a legal standpoint to open carry a firearm.

I sometimes carry a knife in addition to a firearm, but I believe a firearm is a superior armament when it has ammunition.

Post imported post

I feel a knife is a better option as a weapon when you're dealing with multiple attackers in close quarters. A firearm is easier to seize from an individual than a knife is.

Post imported post

I live in Wyoming personally. And every cop i ask all way's refers me to the 2 inch rule for concealed *pocket knives*. No matter how much i explain my self. I feel like i am not being told the truth witch is why i am asking.

Post imported post

Check the State laws yourself, online. The Police don't always want or have the time to explain them to you. I am sure that your State has some kind of revised code or statutes. Find them and do a search for knives.

Post imported post

If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--