• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife to gun.

JonseyMcFly

imported post

I know in my state you can open carry a fire arm. I was wondering if open carry law's aplly to knives and bladed weapon's also. I would gladly carry my hunting knife just as much as my pistol i would do it more for the fact that it would scare less people.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

It depends on the state. What state are you in?

In my state, edged weapons can generally be carried openly but they do not have the same protections as firearms and localities can make their own regulations. As a result there is a patchwork of local laws that prohibit the carry of blades. I only carry my blade when I am in an area where I have researched the local laws due to the lack of state preemption in this field. In my state it is safer from a legal standpoint to open carry a firearm.

I sometimes carry a knife in addition to a firearm, but I believe a firearm is a superior armament when it has ammunition.

Aaron1124

imported post

I feel a knife is a better option as a weapon when you're dealing with multiple attackers in close quarters. A firearm is easier to seize from an individual than a knife is.

JonseyMcFly

imported post

I live in Wyoming personally. And every cop i ask all way's refers me to the 2 inch rule for concealed *pocket knives*. No matter how much i explain my self. I feel like i am not being told the truth witch is why i am asking.

D_Weezy

imported post

Check the State laws yourself, online. The Police don't always want or have the time to explain them to you. I am sure that your State has some kind of revised code or statutes. Find them and do a search for knives.