Thread: new member

Post imported post

Hello Everyone.
    I am a new member, been lurking for a couple of months now. I did attend the picnic in Oxford Mi a while back and it was full of great info. I have been passing on the website address to co workers and friends. I own a small landscaping company based in Waterford so we are out working at night as well as daytime. I do have a CWP and I will start to do some open carrying. I thank you guys and gals for getting this info out in the mainstream media, I read the article in the Oakland Press about OC and was shocked to say the least that it was legal to carry open in Michigan. I did join the club this am, so I will be lurking and reading and doing some OCing. I do alot of work in the city of Pontiac and that is one area where I will be doing alot of open OCing. I am wondering if anybody here has OC in Pontiac and had ant contact by the PPD ?

Regards Mike

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Post imported post

Welcome, Mike.

Please add your location to your profile.

FYI, if you are a MI resident, you do not have a CWP. In MI it is known as a CPL (Concealed Pistol License). At any rate, welcome to the forums and happy OCing.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Post imported post

I would be more than happy to post that Im in Oakland county, just need some direction on how to edit my location.

Regards Mike

Post imported post

Never Mind I figured it out.:celebrate Im headed to Warren to support our right to Oc.

Mike

Post imported post

It was nice to meet you, your wife and your son Mike. Glad you made it out. Looking forward to the next one already. Heck, I just might remember your name!

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    It was nice to meet you, your wife and your son Mike.* Glad you made it out.* Looking forward to the next one already.* Heck, I just might remember your name!
    Hmm wondering if you're getting him confused with me
    Too many Mike's.

Mike

Post imported post

Haha, you're right! He was sitting there with us though :P

Mike.

Post imported post

Yep. It was nice meeting you and your family as well. Yeah, definitely looking forward to the next one.

Post imported post

Hi Mike N Mike
    Yes there were alot of Mikes there today, was great sitting around chewing the fat with everybody. On my way home I stop by and filler the truck up with gas and grabbed a pop while I was there the whole time my gun on my hip. @ customers and one cashier and if anybody did notice they didn't say anything.

Regards Mike

Post imported post

You may find, as I have, the more and more you OC, that there really are only a few people, relative to all that you may be around that actually have the situational awareness to notice, that is unless you're carrying around a gold plated desert eagle or something of the like.

sincerely,
    Mike

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    You may find, as I have, the more and more you OC, that there really are only a few people, relative to all that you may be around that actually have the situational awareness to notice, that is unless you're carrying around a gold plated desert eagle or something of the like.

sincerely,
    Mike
    Hi Mike
    It did seem strange to be carry a gun out in the open, but I will sure do more of it given the amount of work I do in Pontiac.

Regards Mike