• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To all the hardcore OCer's: How do you OC when the weather sucks?

Metalhead47

imported post

Ok I'm genuinely curious here. To the no-compromise, OC-all-day-every-day, we-don'-need-no-steenkeen-batches OCers out there, how do you openly carry (no CPL remember) on a wonderfully crummy day like this without waterlogging your sidearm or freezing your arse off?

Hammer

imported post

I let it dangle in the rain. did today, when it wasn't unholstered and holing targets.
It cleans up easy. Hell, half of it is poly and won't ever know it was rained on!
(Glock 20, the plastic gun)

Vandal

imported post

I go from my Kimber to my XD45. Unfortunately, due to the bitter cold and snow we have on the East Side and North Idaho my gun ends up under a parka so I can keep from freezing.

Alaskan Shooter

imported post

I wear a waist length jacket and put the bottom of the jacket between me and the grip on the gun. I always (except Church) OC my XDM 40 temps range from 80 above in the summer and 50 below in the winter.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Spent the day today up at Packwood for the yearly swap meet. Long sleeve shirt, jeans, boots & hat. No issues, passed out about 40 WGR pamphlets and answered lots of questions.

The hard part was keeping the pamphlets dry..... ok I cheated, 1 gallon zip lock in the hip pocket.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Ruger makes a BEAUTIFUL Stainless steel revolver ;).
Ah gots one. 6" barrel Security Six made in 1976.

3788292842_310ab10ae8.jpg

Cougar125

imported post

When I was at Whidbey Island i just made sure I cleaned/lubricated my pistol after I went shooting every weekend.

I OC'ed everyday in town, rain or shine, and just made sure my lubrications were good once a week.

Vandal

imported post

Alaskan Shooter wrote:
I wear a waist length jacket and put the bottom of the jacket between me and the grip on the gun. I always (except Church) OC my XDM 40 temps range from 80 above in the summer and 50 below in the winter.

Show off!! :D

Hammer

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
Ruger makes a BEAUTIFUL Stainless steel revolver ;).
Ah gots one. 6" barrel Security Six made in 1976.

3788292842_310ab10ae8.jpg
Nice lookin' wheelgun.
I have a stainless Ruger, too, but it doesn't make much of an OC piece. 9.5" bbl'd Redhawk is a moose to pack. Got a 1.5-5 variable scope on it, too, which doesn't add to its portability.
But 100 yard shots are pretty easy! :)

Alaskan Shooter

imported post

Hey Vandal,

I used to wear a parka all the time, then Al Gore and the Libs told me about global warming (oops I mean Climate change) and I realized that 50 below wasn't cold.:? Soon I won't even have to carry my 45-70 when I go to Barrow, because they say that the Polar Bears are moving farther north to escape the heat wave.:celebrate

Hammer

imported post

Alaskan Shooter wrote:
Hey Vandal,

I used to wear a parka all the time, then Al Gore and the Libs told me about global warming (oops I mean Climate change) and I realized that 50 below wasn't cold.:? Soon I won't even have to carry my 45-70 when I go to Barrow, because they say that the Polar Bears are moving farther north to escape the heat wave.:celebrate

Has Al shown up in Barrow in his jet powered heli to check on the global warming?
There's an oxymoron in that sentence, other than Al. :banghead: