• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another FREE self defense class by Mark from the Wild West Academy

Michigander

imported post

Click here and scroll down for more details: http://www.wildwestacademy.com/

Last time I was there, Sheriff Bouchard came out, and it was quite a lot of fun. Also very useful stuff for the most part, at least from my perspective as an open carrier.

Topics included are destroy balance and throw techniques, disarming methods, and more.

I've got 6 years of martial arts under my belt, and I still feel like it's a useful training thing to do. But at the same time, it's not like it's too complicated for a novice to get anything out of it. It's a pretty well rounded class, and it seems to get more fun as they go.

Since this is a class where unarmed SD techniques are practiced and children are known to come out and run around, please leave your guns stowed away in your cars if you do make it out. It's not that anyone has an anti gun agenda, but it's a safety concern when you're doing unarmed practice fighting in this type of setting.

I don't know that I'd suggest going from way out of your way to come out, especially since it will be a busy weekend for MOCers as is, but if you're in the area, please come out and join us. Think of it as an opportunity for cheap fun if nothing else. We have lots of members in metro Detroit, and I hope to see some of you there.