• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saturday OC carry meeting !

wolfeinstein

imported post

Anyone interested meeting this saturday at Balboa Island and Newport Pier for some UOC fun?
There are absolutely no SCHOOLS near the area!
24w8q49.jpg

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

demnogis wrote:
Is Balboa pier municipal property? Keep in mind Orange County prohibits firearms possession on municipal or "public" property...
Hmmm....And with Nordyke eb banc...Maybe they will give us that back at the hearing.

JAC

imported post

wolfeinstein,

How did the saturday meet go? I live in Newport Beach and have spoken to both NBPD and CMPD and they are very anti-carry and I have been told by both that if seen with a sidearm (unloaded) they will "pistol point".

I would like to get involved here locally with you and others to change that.

JAC

JAC

imported post

coolusername2007,

Where are these meets and can I participate?

Also, its probably been done before but would it be wise to meet with these local PD's and educate them on UOC so that they are better prepared when encountering an UOC?

JAC

coolusername2007

imported post

JAC wrote:
coolusername2007,

Where are these meets and can I participate?

Also, its probably been done before but would it be wise to meet with these local PD's and educate them on UOC so that they are better prepared when encountering an UOC?

JAC

Yes you can participate. Everybody who's interested in UOC'ing is welcome, regardless if your carrying or not. In fact, if you have notyetopen carried these meets are great opportunities to learn before venturing out on your own.

Just look for the thread titled 2nd UOC Monthly Meetup for more info and details.

A ECNALG

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Is Balboa pier municipal property? Keep in mind Orange County prohibits firearms possession on municipal or "public" property...
demnogis

Do you have a specific ordinance that you can quote?

I have looked through both Orange County and Newport Beach Codes, and can find nothing that prohibits firearms possession on public or municipal properties.

http://california.lp.findlaw.com/ca01_codes/municode.html

A ECNALG

imported post

JAC wrote:
... I live in Newport Beach and have spoken to both NBPD and CMPD and they are very anti-carry and I have been told by both that if seen with a sidearm (unloaded) they will "pistol point".

Can't think of a better reason to UOC in groups of 3 to 6, with at least one non-carrying member armed only with a video camera.

Just completed my second groupUOC, starting with a leisurely stroll out on the Oceanside pier,complete with a professional and courteous12031 inspection by three of Oceanside's finest.

A ECNALG

imported post

Well, from the Members list, I count thirteen people, not including me and thee, who identify Orange County, or an Orange County city, as their "Location." Doubtless there are many, many more who left that field blank.

I am not trying to be in charge of anything here, but it seems that the prudent thing to do would first be to contact these folks to see just how many are interested in a groupUOC event. Second would be to have a meeting, or series of meetings,to get aquainted,present ideal locations (proximity to K-12s, etc), discuss rules of conduct, etc.

Doing something this coming Saturday may be a bit problematic for me. We have plenty of time to plan and do this right.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

demnogis

imported post

A ECNALG, I had said that recalling from something I read before. Quite possibly it may have applied just to parks and beaches. I can't recall exactly what the Ordinance is. If I was mistaken, I apologize! I could have mistaken it for an LA County Ordinance.

I'll definitely have to try to make it to the next one!:celebrate

Oh, I can definitely confirm that CMPD will "pistol point" if called out to you. If you are lucky they'll even bring out the M14s or AR15s :uhoh:

A ECNALG

imported post

No apology necessary, demnogis. I just was not sure if the ordinance in question shows up in a section that I normally would not look. It certainly could be an L.A. ordinance that you are recalling.

I have been assuming that by "pistol point," you mean that officers will draw their weapons on anyone UOCing, at any time,the simple act of UOC being the onlyprovocation. Is this correct?

Despite Costa Mesa's own home-grown crime issues, it appears that an education in lawful UOCmay becalled for then. And I don't necessarily mean via a group public UOC event, but insteadby attending one or more city council meetings so as to educate both the city council and their employees, the city police department. I would think that the city council might be concerned about a substantial lawsuit not only for possible Fourth Amendment violations,but the horrific liability should a cop's drawn weapon "inadvertently" discharge, injuring or killing someone who's only offense was, well, no offense at all.

Mayor Mansoor may be quite receptive to our line of reason.