• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which "Gold Star" Open-carry State would you move to?

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
suntzu wrote:
If I had the finances I would move to Alaska...for me it is the ruggedness, and the beauty, not to mention the fact that no permit is needed to carry...
You mean... this beauty?
pleased.png

2878293293_abbd4ce560_o.jpg
Insane Kangaroo, That picture is exactly what I am talking about!!!
I went to AZ for 1 week in springtime to feel it out for a job transfer within the company I worked for.
The lack of water and basic lack of anything green grated on my nerves. I do plan a drive to AK one of these years but the handgun bangoing throughCanada has me bothered.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Montana, Wyoming, or Vermont I think.

I like my summers to be in the 70 degree range and don't care how cold the winters are as long as they don't last more than 6 months. Itcan getprettydamn coldhere in Wisconsin in the winters which doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the occasional 90 degree plus day with high humidity.

I've been out to Montana and Wyoming numerous times and really like the people and the land. I'd want to be in the more deciduous regions of those states though. That's one thing I'd really miss about Wisconsin otherwise. The rolling hills and woodlands around my home are my favorite haunt.

Vermont would be next on my list. I haven't been there but have heard the climate is pretty similar and the terrain as well.

I wouldn't want to get too much further north as I'd lose out on golf courses, or too much further south and I'd be hot and cranky.

Huck

imported post

I found my place in the sun here in Wyoming. You folks who're looking for a gold star state to move to could'nt go wrong here. True, it does get a bit chilly here in the winter but no place is perfect! :)

Alexcabbie

imported post

Just a word from the OP: Thanks all for showcasing the beauty of the Gold Star States. Our RTKBA is meant to defend; and as the photos proudly posted here show, the Gold Stars have much worth defending!

I only wish that respecting the RTKBA could be linked in some way to these drop-dead-gorgeous scenes. What a motto that would make: "Better Living Through Open Carry" :celebrate (although that IS a fact in its own right)

jeeper1

imported post

30 years ago I would have moved to AZ or NV. Now poor health and disabilities keep me pretty much stuck where I am.