Thread: The Pit

Post imported post

I've heard a lot of good things about the pit in lapeer. From what I understand its an old gravel bed or something, is this right? I'd like to check the place out sometime if that's what it is.. I don't know the area though really and don't know where it is. If its big enough, maybe we could have an MOC picnic and shoot or something? I don't know about anyone else, but I much prefer shooting with others than alone.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Pictures from a Pit outing in the past:

http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/q.../ThePit110808/
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

im up for an outing at the pit, i've never been there but to get some shooting in with some good food would be great

Post imported post

I'm up for it as well.

Post imported post

I say we do this, and before the weather gets chilly. I met some great people yesterday that i would love to go shooting with.

Post imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
    I say we do this, and before the weather gets chilly. I met some great people yesterday that i would love to go shooting with.
    Few people hate the cold more than I do, but I'll go there in the worst January has to offer.

Saying there is a wrong time to go to the Pit would be an oxymoron, because it would be a statement that contradicts itself.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Pictures from a Pit outing in the past:

http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/q.../ThePit110808/
    Those look awesome. We could definitely have tons of fun doing that, especially if someone brings their portable grill. (I forget the gentleman's name that brought his to the Warren picnic, but he sure can grill a mean hamburger!)

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Actually the pit looks lots better now. The DNR went in this summer and cleaned it up and leveled it out some then put in big concrete blocks for a firing line rather than the stones in the pics posted here.

Here is a thread that has pics of the new pit

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...9&t=375116

And there is one on this one on page 3

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...ght=Lapeer+Pit

Radioman

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    Those look awesome. We could definitely have tons of fun doing that, especially if someone brings their portable grill. (I forget the gentleman's name that brought his to the Warren picnic, but he sure can grill a mean hamburger!)
    That would be springerxdacp. And yeah, his burgers are good. :shock:

Post imported post

My kids told my wife that his burgers were better than hers......ooohhh she was sooo mad

Post imported post

I'd be down for a Pit trip!

Been itchin to go there since they redid the place.

Post imported post

Hell i'll spring for the burgers if springer will show up with his grill.

Post imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
    Hell i'll spring for the burgers if springer will show up with his grill.
    I've never been to the Pit before so this might be a good opportunity to take you up on this offer. When you guys decide on a date and time I'll put it in the Events Thread. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend on dates September 16th thru 21st, if you plan to have the event on any of those dates.

ETA: Johnnie please add igan to your location.

Post imported post

Does the pit have sufficient backstops for a .50 cal? and what kinda yardage does it have?

Post imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
    Does the pit have sufficient backstops for a .50 cal? and what kinda yardage does it have?
    I'm not sure of the yardage, but from what I understand, people shoot their .50's all the time there.

Post imported post

looks like it might be pumpkin time :celebrate

Post imported post

The yardage used to be about 80 or 85 at the max. Since it was refinished. the possibilities may have changed some, but I would still say it's right at a little under 100 yards.

Post imported post

Of course now that I'm in Iraq you guys want to come out to Lapeer! I hope y'all have a good time but be nice, that's my old stomping ground.

Post imported post

I definitely want in on a gathering. I won't be in the area until around opening day for firearm deer season, and that's just a rough guess. Man, I miss these get-togethers...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I wouldn't mind trying to make this too... Will keep an eye out for a date and time...