• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Pit

malignity

imported post

I've heard a lot of good things about the pit in lapeer. From what I understand its an old gravel bed or something, is this right? I'd like to check the place out sometime if that's what it is.. I don't know the area though really and don't know where it is. If its big enough, maybe we could have an MOC picnic and shoot or something? I don't know about anyone else, but I much prefer shooting with others than alone.

tech411

imported post

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=575 Attached Images
attachment.php

Michigander

imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
I say we do this, and before the weather gets chilly. I met some great people yesterday that i would love to go shooting with.

Few people hate the cold more than I do, but I'll go there in the worst January has to offer. ;)

Saying there is a wrong time to go to the Pit would be an oxymoron, because it would be a statement that contradicts itself. :lol:

malignity

Radioman

Michigander

imported post

malignity wrote:
Those look awesome. We could definitely have tons of fun doing that, especially if someone brings their portable grill. (I forget the gentleman's name that brought his to the Warren picnic, but he sure can grill a mean hamburger!)

That would be springerxdacp. And yeah, his burgers are good. :shock:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
Hell i'll spring for the burgers if springer will show up with his grill.:D

I've never been to the Pit before so this might be a good opportunity to take you up on this offer. :) When you guys decide on a date and time I'll put it in the Events Thread. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend on dates September 16th thru 21st, if you plan to have the event on any of those dates.

ETA: Johnnie please add igan to your location. :lol:

malignity

imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
Does the pit have sufficient backstops for a .50 cal? and what kinda yardage does it have?
I'm not sure of the yardage, but from what I understand, people shoot their .50's all the time there. :)

Michigander

imported post

The yardage used to be about 80 or 85 at the max. Since it was refinished. the possibilities may have changed some, but I would still say it's right at a little under 100 yards.

Milbars

imported post

Of course now that I'm in Iraq you guys want to come out to Lapeer!:lol: I hope y'all have a good time but be nice, that's my old stomping ground.