• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid kids with airsoft toys and a armed robbery.

zack991

imported post

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6603195.html

2 teens killed trying to break into home

A man shot and killed two teenagers and wounded another when they tried breaking into his home early Friday, police said.

A fourth teenager was arrested and is expected to be charged with aggravated robbery.

Three of the four male teenagers who tried breaking into the home were armed, one with a handgun and two with pellet guns that looked like more powerful weapons, San Marcos Police Chief Howard Williams said.

One of the three college-aged people who lived in the rental home opened fire on the teens with a .40-caliber Glock pistol, killing two 16-year-olds and wounding another suspect. A 17-year-old suspect fled the scene but was captured and arrested after returning to the scene to check on his friends, police said. He's expected to be charged with aggravated robbery, Williams said.

The wounded suspect was taken to Brackenridge Hospital in Austin with non-life threatening injuries, Williams said. Officials say the wounded suspect is also expected to be charged.

Police did not identify the suspects or those who lived in the home. None of the residents were injured. One was a Texas State University student.

Williams said the shooter appeared to be acting in self-defense and "there doesn't appear to be a crime" related to the shooting.

The suspects are from Luling, about 20 miles southeast of San Marcos, Williams said. It does not appear they know those living at the home, he said.

The shooting happened shortly before 2 a.m. Friday. Police responded to a 911 call about a home invasion and shots fired.

"If you feel threatened, you certainly have a right to defend yourself," said Williams.

San Marcos is about 30 miles south of Austin.

As much as I hate to see kids hurt they got what was coming to them and their stupidity. The only good thing that came out of this was a safe homeowner and kids who now will not be able to breed more idiots into this world. Makes you wounder where their parents were at.

zack991

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
So do we need to add airsoft pistols to the "Never bring a knife to a gunfight" cliche?
Proves that kids are getting dumber and dumber. When I was a kid we had those cap guns and they didn't even have the orange tip. We were not stupid enough to point them at cops like idiot kids do now, much less try to rob people with them. I consider it a good step in stopping stupid kids from breeding more idiots.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I fail to see the difference between kids and adults when kids have a gun in hand and are threatening a victim. Besides, these weren't kids; they were teenagers.

I well remember in 1993 at a rest stop on route 10 in Florida when a 13 year old "kid" murdered his victim with a handgun. The victim was a British tourist as I recall. My family and I stopped at that rest stop and drove around back to take a nap in the wee hours of the morning, three weeks before that murder occurred. I had a handgun in my lap as we slept. Too bad the Brit wasn't able to stop his 13 year old attacker before he was killed.

We-the-People

imported post

I don't see a difference either. Every time some "child" with a gun is shot and killed by police or a citizen defending themselves the cry goes up "they shot a child". Most of the time it's some 13 year old punk gangbanger (or wanna be) with a rap sheet but in the eyes of the media, the anti-gun types, and the "feel gooders", it's a CHILD.

I'm sorry, I remember when I was a "child" of 13. I was in the 8th grade, had been hunting on my own (yeah parents go to jail for that these days) and was perfectly capable of handling a firearm for good or bad purposes.

In many countries, 13 year olds are soldiers. Not as much as in the past because of international actions to stop "child soldiers" but, none the less, perfectly capable of funtioning as a combatant.

I see it as Darwinism working properly and removing defective genes from the pool.

presidentofalaska

imported post

These airsoft guns make me nervous, every day they get more and more realistic. I agree with SouthernBoy, when your armed, there is no difference between a kid, teen or adult. Hey, We-the-People I couldn't help but notice your a pilot, I have a 182, what have you got?

We-the-People

imported post

presidentofalaska wrote:
These airsoft guns make me nervous, every day they get more and more realistic. I agree with SouthernBoy, when your armed, there is no difference between a kid, teen or adult. Hey, We-the-People I couldn't help but notice your a pilot, I have a 182, what have you got?
I've got a 1963 Cessna 172 and a 1967 Cessna 172. The 67 is for sale, cheap (a relative term)

presidentofalaska

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
presidentofalaska wrote:
I've got a 1963 Cessna 172 and a 1967 Cessna 172.  The 67 is for sale, cheap (a relative term)

Nice, my 182 is a 1957 btw, the "A" model, I don't have cowl flaps and it always gets mis-ident as a 172.

presidentofalaska

imported post

smash29 wrote:
I so miss the smell of avgas...

HAHA! It's the best smell ever! I got a shirt at Airventure with "I love the smell of Avgas in the morning" on it. I keep saying this, some one needs to make that scent into a candle or air freshener.

We-the-People

imported post

Um....... I use 87 regular in my 172. I love the smell of SAVINGS.

At $1/HP the auto fuel STC's pay for themselves in abotu 4 tanks and after that it's pure savings.

Plus, when kids come to the airport and steal the "airplane gas" so they can have "racing fuel", instead of getting really pissed off I get a good laugh. Hasn't happened in a few years which was surprising when the price had been up at 4+ a gallon.

presidentofalaska

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Um....... I use 87 regular in my 172.  I love the smell of SAVINGS.

At $1/HP the auto fuel STC's pay for themselves in abotu 4 tanks and after that it's pure savings.

Plus, when kids come to the airport and steal the "airplane gas" so they can have "racing fuel", instead of getting really pissed off I get a good laugh.  Hasn't happened in a few years which was surprising when the price had been up at 4+ a gallon.

Avgas will totally kill a car, those kids are always coming to me to buy it for there cars and sleds, I sell it to them, I'll take their money. They gain no power at all and clog a catalytic converter. Up here it's around $5.75ish.

We-the-People

imported post

Well I had a long reply typed out and then thought about my English Comp class.

We're way off the thread topic so I deleted the reply.

We now return to "Stupid kids with airsoft toys and a armed robbery".

LOL

presidentofalaska

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Well I had a long reply typed out and then thought about my English Comp class.

We're way off the thread topic so I deleted the reply. 

We now return to "Stupid kids with airsoft toys and a armed robbery".  

LOL

Yes, your right, I was going to post something similar, The pilots kinda hijacked this thread, it's kinda my fault I'll admit it.

lol!