• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smoking357 Has Been Banned

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm certainly not trying to insinuate that personal fear of gubmit troops, or anything else, was involved.

I suspect that it was an unbearable distraction of message that our esteemed forum owners simply couldn't tolerate. And, as I said earlier, I fully understand that position. If I argued on every thread that everyone should have a pitbull because that's the only way to be safe in your home I would expect the same eventual bannishment.

Its a long process for most newcomers to become educated enough in the law, legal decisions, and history to tolerate the concept that an officer politely running your ID for OC is an infringement of your 4th and 5th amendment rights. The types of comments S-357 was (in)famous for were certainly for a small and dedicated audience. And that audience had an even smaller intersection of people concerned with OC.

He was simply OT to OCDO.

I respect Mike and John's handling of this forum and think it is run as a rights-loving forum should be run. We're given a generous length of rope...

Have a good evening.

Deanimator

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Smoking357 consistently said what many, including the site owners, have said on occasion.
What he said, he said stupidly, and not just without proof, but with a flamboyant disdain for the very concept of proving ones own assertions.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Jim675 wrote:
Smoking357 consistently said what many, including the site owners, have said on occasion.
What he said, he said stupidly, and not just without proof, but with a flamboyant disdain for the very concept of proving ones own assertions.

And, according to this thought-provoking post over at officer.com, he may do it again. Since nitrovic is still a member of OCDO...

bohdiopencarry wrote:
Here's one for you all. Have you ever considered that Nitro is actually smoking357?????? Think about it. Nitro is a cyberswatter of sorts. Goes to one site, registers, incites the masses, and then comes back over here and says, Looky there! Evil Doers! Persecute them all!!! It's kinda funny actually.

I see lots of people on this site backing up Nitro, yet I have never seen anyone here actually claim they know or have worked with Nitro, and no one has vouched or verified any of the positions he's stated here.......I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because he's truely a poser? An imposter? An impersonator? A 12 year old in his parents basement?

Ponder this. Nitro being a teenager and really into cars and "stuff". Comes across an article about a real LEO doing real LEO stuff in the news, and takes on that identity. This isn't a charecter assasination attempt here, this is a real legitimate concern that someone has stolen a hero's identity and is posing as that person on a web forum. It wouldn't be THAT hard to do, and the lack of any kind of verification for the things Nitro has stated on here and other places just proves that point. Or should I say, the lack of verification and the multiple self contradictions Nitro him/herself has stated all over the internet. Just excercise your google foo and see where it leads you.

Of course, there are always ways to resolve such issues as identity theft. Some take more time and patience than others.

So before excercising many tools that are available to all citizens of the United States of America to provide credible proof of Nitro's identity, I'll offer an olive branch. As another much less popular poster on OCDO (HankT) has stated - how can you understand another perspective if you are so closed minded that you aren't willing to listen and understand? I propose to meet Nitro in person for beers, like Obama's lawnfest. Heck it's football season, I know Nitro with all his body building might has got to be into football. And beer. I'll buy, Nitro doesn't live that far from me /forums/images/smile.gif No reason for him to say no if everything he says is true. Heck, I'll even let him run the serial numbers on my gun just for coming out.

So what say you Nitro? Volley?

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129083&page=6

david.ross

imported post

May someone please post a reply to the thread, as the officer.com forum has not approved my account yet(it's been 4 days).

nitrovic wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:
Checked out this supposed LEO site and found these stats about captial punishment.

forums.officer.com

Their poll showed +27% favored death by the method of murder, with survivors having the option of pulling the switch.

-24% said public hanging.

public firing squad came in distant third at -13%

Don't know squat about the site. Just thought this was interesting.

riverrat

A lot on that site aren't LEO's, just wannabe's or trolls. Just fyi.

david.ross

imported post

nitrovic doesn't have permission to edit any of his past posts. The mods took away the right when he started to erase every one of his posts, some incriminating.

noname762

imported post

bohdi wrote:
Thanks, too funny.

Where I used to work (before I retired)someone in my department once said to me,"noname, just drive the work truck like theres a Ranger around every curve waiting for you to do something stupid and you should be all right." In the same vein my folks did their best to teach me to be a good man. Sometimes I rub some folks the wrong way. But that is a two way street. (Wheres he going with this?)

Mike and John: you do what you gotta do to keep the peace. This is your site. Or if its not you got the duty. I understand that. I don't have a problem with that.

For myself, the short time I've been here I have met some great folks both F2F and just through the keypad. I really like this site. I'll tell you what. I don't plan to rub anyone here the wrong way.

Just my 2 cents worth.

TFred

imported post

It's really quite simple. The vast majority of members add value to this forum. Newbies who ask what the oldest veterans surely roll their eyes at being the stupidest questions are adding value. Most antis who drop by and tell us how they feel generally add value. Even if they have no intent to change their minds or even hear what we have to say, as long as they engage in somewhat orderly dialog, our interacting with detractors professionally and presenting the facts which show that they are wrong adds value.

Those recently banned users did not add value. They removed value. To me, that seemed to be their intent all along.

JMHO.

TFred

N00blet45

imported post

I liked the guy. He was kind of like Tony Montana. He was someone I could point the finger at and say, "That's the bad guy."

Sometimes he had valid points but they were usually buried in an avalanche of anti-southern and anti-leo sentiment.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Smoking357 consistently said what many, including the site owners, have said on occasion.  He used more extreme language, he used it quicker, he applied it more generally, and he spoke more eloquently than most.  I understand there may be valid political reasons for his being banned.

His core message of the dangers of police as a standing army is something many reject.  Corrupt LEO are a deeply disturbing and powerful symbol. 

We like to think we're not the ostriches that many are, denying danger in their lives.  If we're paying attention our training and arms can serve us well in many situations.

Where we're utterly at the mercy of others is the justice system.  An ignorant or corrupt LEO, prosecutor, or judge and we can lose everything.  Listen to the lectures OCers receive for having a LEO encounter without being equipped with audio, DVR, witnesses, and an attorney on speed dial.  Why do so many think we need all of that if the system is made up of honest brokers of justice?

Nearly everyone in this thread has expressed outrage at some instance of official injustice.  The very few that haven't are reviled as outrageous apologists.

There are many here who's ideas do not serve the freedoms necessary to support and spread OC.  It's our loss that a member with that powerful a voice was banned.

I think the day will come when we need the broadest possible coalition of supporters.

I do not think we've made ourselves proud by this celebration.   Support independent thought while you support OC.  Supporting freedom means nothing if you don't support the freedom of those you disagree with.
I concur. +100

And well said.

Milbars

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
I'm certainly not trying to insinuate that personal fear of gubmit troops, or anything else, was involved.

I suspect that it was an unbearable distraction of message that our esteemed forum owners simply couldn't tolerate. And, as I said earlier, I fully understand that position. If I argued on every thread that everyone should have a pitbull because that's the only way to be safe in your home I would expect the same eventual bannishment.

Its a long process for most newcomers to become educated enough in the law, legal decisions, and history to tolerate the concept that an officer politely running your ID for OC is an infringement of your 4th and 5th amendment rights. The types of comments S-357 was (in)famous for were certainly for a small and dedicated audience. And that audience had an even smaller intersection of people concerned with OC.

He was simply OT to OCDO.

I respect Mike and John's handling of this forum and think it is run as a rights-loving forum should be run. We're given a generous length of rope...

Have a good evening.

Jim,

While I wrote something similar to this in the beginning of the thread, the bottom line is Mike and JP put forth the message multiple times to stop with the anti-LEO rants. There are ways to get your thoughts and opinions across without going as extreme as he did. This is as much a PR movement as it is a legal/freedom movement. It's their site and they chose to enforce the rule.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Milbars wrote:

While I wrote something similar to this in the beginning of the thread, the bottom line is Mike and JP put forth the message multiple times to stop with the anti-LEO rants. There are ways to get your thoughts and opinions across without going as extreme as he did. This is as much a PR movement as it is a legal/freedom movement. It's their site and they chose to enforce the rule.
Additionally, there is the notion that LEO-bashing (in general) is simply not persuasive. Or effective. It's always the result of over-generalizing.

It's pretty much the flip side of the coin where the screeching anti-gun libruls over-generalize about something a foolish gun guy does.

If I read Mike and especially John's comments on LEO-bashing correctly, it is perfectly OK to criticize severely the coppers involved in a specific incident. Just not OK to start cutely hinting, as S357 did,at generally attacking with guns("defending") officers who stop other citizens for unknown reasons, e.g., traffic, etc. His whole "It's time" call to arms against the "enemy" was way over the reasonableness line...it wasn't just "PR."The LEO-bashers left here are proof of that.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Over on "Officer.com" one guy remarked of him: "H'es probably been smoking 24-7 and I'm not sure what". Me, I am pretty sure he must have been an Ubamanista agent-provocatur. Whatever he was, on this forum it is past-tense, and it was past time.

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
Milbars wrote:

Additionally, there is the notion that LEO-bashing (in general) is simply not persuasive. Or effective. It's always the result of over-generalizing.

It's pretty much the flip side of the coin where the screeching anti-gun libruls over-generalize about something a foolish gun guy does.

If I read Mike and especially John's comments on LEO-bashing correctly, it is perfectly OK to criticize severely the coppers involved in a specific incident. Just not OK to start cutely hinting, as S357 did,at generally attacking with guns ("defending") officers who stop other citizens for unknown reasons, e.g., traffic, etc. His whole "It's time" call to arms against the "enemy" was way over the reasonableness line...it wasn't just "PR."The LEO-bashers left here are proof of that.
So, Hank, I'm curious as to your opinion of those who question the role of police in society without "bashing" individual cops. Do they get to sit at your conversation table? You know, those of us with radical views? Are you interested in hearing what they have to say and why?