• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad police encounter

brboyer

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
Again, more misinformation being promulgated.

See http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-202.html#NRS202Sec3653:

NRS 202.3667 Permittee to carry permit and proper identification when in possession of concealed firearm; penalty.

1. Each permittee shall carry the permit, or a duplicate issued pursuant to the provisions of NRS 202.367
, together with proper identification whenever the permittee is in actual possession of a concealed firearm. Both the permit and proper identification must be presented if requested by a peace officer.

2. A permittee who violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of $25 for each violation.
The way the above statute reads, I believe you must answer honestly and affirmatively when in possession IF you are asked by a cop.

As to the question about retrieving your firearm BEFORE going to the gas station, well, I don't see why you couldn't retrieve it immediately after the cop left you. That is what I would have done.

This is worded almost exactly as the Florida law.

It does not require you to inform LEO you have a weapon. It simply requires you to show the license and ID to the LEO if he asks specifically to see it.