• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police called on Bungie employee with movie prop

KBCraig

imported post

http://kotaku.com/5351721/police-swarm-to-bungie-on-weapons-call-during-kotaku-visit

A report of a person with an assault weapon walking near Bungie Studios sent a team of police swarming to the Kirkland, Washington studio yesterday afternoon. The incident turned out to be a misunderstanding and a surprise interruption of what was supposed to be a less eventful visit by your deputy editor to play some Halo 3: ODST.
The person who had thought they'd seen a gunman in the neighborhood had actually seen a Bungie employee carrying a replica Halo rifle back to the studio's offices, Bungie community director Brian Jarrard told me. Recognizing there was no longer an emergency, officers advised Bungie officials to transport the gun more discretely in the future.

See the pictures at the URL above.

TehGruu

imported post

Yeah, those Spartans carry some realistic looking weapons. I bet they would have sh!t a brick if the guy was sporting a Spartan Laser.

-Gruu

Alexcabbie

imported post

A black-powder blunderbuss loaded with a standard coach load of buck-and-ball would do more damage to more people than that riflle - were it real- would. But If I dress up like a Pilgrim and carry a fake blunderbuss in the Thanksgiving parade, nobody will even blink (unless they are a truly nutty type-two anti).

I assume everybody knew it was a movie studio of some kind, and that studios use props. Are these folks bloody stupid???

KBCraig

imported post

I was surprised that most of the comments at the original URL were positive. Then again, geeks and gamers tend to be pretty libertarian, and sticklers for accuracy.

D_Weezy

imported post

YEARS AGO, I had someone make a MWAG call on me. I was watching deer in a field, with a spotting scope on a tripod. :lol:

Deanimator

imported post

D_Weezy wrote:
YEARS AGO, I had someone make a MWAG call on me. I was watching deer in a field, with a spotting scope on a tripod. :lol:
It would be worth it to file a FOIA request and file against the person making the call. I bet they'd fold like a refrigerator carton underneath Rosie O'Donnell's limitless mass.