• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Theseus 626.9 Case...The REAL DEAL!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
It is my understanding that he is no longer pursuing any appeal on his case. He had already spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-50K of his own money on his criminal case and there is nothing left for the appeal. None of the big CA gun rights orgs would chip in any significant amount for it. By and large they do not like UOC and even though his appeal should be a slam dunk, they are not going for it. He is currently in the process of moving overseas to Hong Kong with his family.

If this is true, then this is very unfortunate. How much money is needed for an appeal?

Last edited:

wewd

Hong Kong? There's freedom in HK?
Hong Kong is ranked as the no. 1 country/territory for economic freedom. Don't know about where they sit for personal freedom, but they don't seem to have lost anything when the country reverted to the PRC. In many ways he will be more free over there than here in the states. America is not the bastion of liberty that it was once rumored to be.

1245A Defender

this whole thing SUCKED big time!!!

It is my understanding that he is no longer pursuing any appeal on his case. He had already spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-50K of his own money on his criminal case and there is nothing left for the appeal. None of the big CA gun rights orgs would chip in any significant amount for it. By and large they do not like UOC and even though his appeal should be a slam dunk, they are not going for it. He is currently in the process of moving overseas to Hong Kong with his family.

im surprised someone here wants his lawyers number!

i cant understand why he would not even try to put on a defense.
at least to reiterate that you had no knowledge of the schools location!

i think after spending 40 to50 K for his defense, a worth while lawyer would pursue
his appeal pro bono!
i think now its not even an open carry case any more, his trial stripped him of his
lawful due process.
every proper exemption to 626.9 was blocked by the court.

heliopolissolutions

A man can get tired. Very tired, even fighting the good fight.

And there may be factors he is not at liberty to discuss, sometimes situations just aren't as they appear.

kwikrnu

Banned
None of the big CA gun rights orgs would chip in any significant amount for it. By and large they do not like UOC and even though his appeal should be a slam dunk, they are not going for it.

It is no surprise he has no support from the typical gun rights groups. It is my opinon that gun rights groups have little interest in defending actual gun rights. They are good with their rhetoric to earn support and money, but do little for rights. I wish he could have done it himself, but the government specializes in chewing up and spitting up the little man.

Robin47

Edward Peruta wrote:
That is one of the legal cannons the judge ignored.

Then the judge is clearly in contempt himself in the law.
"His clear intent is to abrogate the common law".

" A statute should be construed in harmony with the common law, unless there is a
clear legislative intent to abrogate the common law"( UCC 1-103.6) go google it !

You could charge this judge with contempt of court.
It does work both ways, but most people don't know that.
Hes in "Excess of Juristiction". Thats "Bad Behavior"
You could get another judge !

Robin47 :)

Brandon Perron

I've gottena jury summons every couple of years ever since I turned 18; I'm 40 now. The farthest its gone for me was jury selection and I got punted on those 2 occasions.

Haha I have received one Jury summons. 2 months after I turned 18 (I am now 28) during jury selection I was asked If I thought people should be held accountable for actions while drunk... I said they should be held accountable for being drunk

The case was a woman accusing her boyfriend of 4 years of raping her 37 times in ONE NIGHT! while she was to drunk to say NO... yet could count to 37... I do wish I had just lied to get on that jury... @#$@# POS "oh I can't articulate the word N O but I can count to 37...

Anyone ever seen a sobriety test?
Cop: count to ten for me please
Drunk: uhm whats the first number
Cop:eek:ne
Drunk: oh ya! uhm one uhm four right? no it is seven.... ETC

those are hilarious!

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

thanks for necro posting a 3 yr 7 mo old thread that was historic for the Injustus system in California!!!

at least you read to post 14 out of 307 so you could post off topic about jury duty..

Now,,, sit your a$$ down and actually Read what this thread is Really about!!

I Dont welcome you to the forum,,, you waste our time, and our band width...

Robin47

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
I love it. "Which laundromat pictured does part of the Bill of Rights not apply?"

I went through and looked for all instances of "reasonably should know" in the penal code. Most things that we are reasonably supposed to know have to do with things we can see, like if you're assaulting a person and you know or should know that that person is a police officer, then you're guilty of an additional crime. Or if you're raping somebody, and you know or reasonably should have known that that person is under 18, then you're guilty of an additional crime.

The only reference to "reasonably should know" which involves knowing something you probably can't see is in 626.9.

"Reasonably should know" is in the statute requiring people to lock up their firearms when a child could get a hold of it, but this is where you are in control of the domain (your house, your apartment).

626.9 is the ONLY statute I found where we can literally have no evidence of what we should have known. I'd like to think that such wording could be thrown out as unenforceable.

Interesting Bigtoe416 I just learned a Felon when filling out the papers to buy a gun, don't have to check the "Have you ever had a felony
because that would be Incriminating and against their 5th amendment rights to not be a witness against your self :0
Anyway strange laws these days !

cato

what ever happened with this case ? he was convicted and that's it ?

Three years probation, that's over now, haven't talked to him in a many months. His wife took them to the Orient where they have been gainfully employed.