• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Defense for CCW Training

iSharpShooter

imported post

The Washoe County Sheriff has Concealed Defense in Carson City listed as an accepted CCW instruction program. They appear to offer three levels of training, Basic (required for CCW), Intermediate and Advanced (the later two available to those who have taken the first class).

On the web, their program looks good and since myself and three other family members want to get our CCW's, I ask the community...

Has anyone dealt with Concealed Defense and is their program what it's supposed to be? What's the program like???

I'm looking to pass the CCW of course, but I'm also looking for the best and most training I can get. If there is a better CCW and Defense program around, I'd like to hear about it! I'm no stranger to my firearms and know them all inside and out but am a firm believer in training and I'll take all I can get!

Thanks,

-b

gunrunner1911

imported post

Call Semper Firearms Training or www.semperfirearms.com Veteran owned small classes and private classes with reasonable rates. Courses from Basic to Advanced including personal security and home security/defense.

Gordie

imported post

The CCW class put on by Stillwater Firearms Association in Fallon is outstanding. I've not heard anything about Concealed Defense, good or bad.