• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tea party in Battle creek was tonight

mastiff69

imported post

I took some pics that i will try and get sent out,

Did get stopped by the Battle Creek police dept,but he left me alone after he realized that i didn't taste very good, he told me to cover up and i informed him that oc is legal and that his boss, the law agencies all know that, also that my boss was on the other side of the river watching, then another cc er came up and the officer decided to leave....

spelling GRRRR!!!!

mastiff69

imported post

I at this time am attempting to contact the bcpd about the fact that he rapped his arm over my shoulder and said that he wanted to talk to me in private and didn't want to create a scene ( a form of control ) wrong way to deal with me .....

Michigander

imported post

You know Mastiff69, I haven't seen you in person since Lansing in april of 08, but I can still imagine how funny that must have been. Did you get audio? If not, maybe he got some that could be FOIAd? Sounds awfully amuzing.

mastiff69

imported post

Yes he did put his body on mine and it was unwanted by me, call what you will, and i will go thru the channels to deal with it , my boss was about 75 feet away on the other side of the river and when it was all over he called me on my phone and asked what the cop wanted and i told him he just laughed he knows me to well ...

mastiff69

imported post

Just got off the phone with the third shift sergant of BCPD and he indorsed the second shiftofficers way of dealing with me, and he said yes this is the way we deal with people with guns, and that he is an instructor, etc.... and darn tottin he supports the officer having control of me, up close and personel.. we deal with crimminals, shootings, drugs,

(and this is not farmington hills ?)WTF ????

Bronson

imported post

dougwg wrote:
He assulted you?

I believe that mastiff was technically battered.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/assault_battery.html

Assault
An assault invoves:

1. An intentional, unlawful threat or "offer" to cause bodily injury to another by force;
  2. Under circumstances which create in the other person a well-founded fear of imminent peril;
  3. Where there exists the apparent present ability to carry out the act if not prevented.
Note that an assault can be completed even if there is no actual contact with the plaintiff, and even if the defendant had no actual ability to carry out the apparent threat. For example, a defendant who points a realistic toy gun at the plaintiff may be liable for assault, even though the defendant was fifty feet away from the plaintiff and had no actual ability to inflict harm from that distance.

Battery
A battery is the willful or intentional touching of a person against that person’s will by another person, or by an object or substance put in motion by that other person. Please note that an offensive touching can constitute a battery even if it does not cause injury, and could not reasonably be expected to cause injury. A defendant who emphatically pokes the plaintiff in the chest with his index finger to emphasize a point may be culpable for battery (although the damages award that results may well be nominal). A defendant who spits on a plaintiff, even though there is little chance that the spitting will cause any injury other than to the plaintiff's dignity, has committed a battery.

Also this:

Police Conduct
A police officer is privileged to apply the threat of force, or if necessary to apply actual force, in order to effect a lawful arrest. A defendant who suffers injury as the result of reasonable force exerted by the police to effect a lawful arrest will not be able to sustain a lawsuit against the arresting officers for assault or battery.

Bronson

mastiff69

imported post

Well as of 8pm tonight i not recieved any e-mail response to the e-mail that i sent to the Chief, i can only assume that the Chief is on vacation, very busy, or can't COMMENT. so i will attempt another form of response and if that dosen't work i will make it offical instead of in house....

mastiff69

imported post

Well called today the chief is in a meeting, so they told me to re fax it to his assistant and i did , bad e-mail, won't go thru so i guess i have to make an appointment to see the chief, and i guess i will do a foia also while am there, when i should be at work.

If this doesn't work then i will outside of the city, and then they can answer to somebody elseof a higher authority

djinxd

imported post

Mastiff I'm sure all of us in Battle Creek know that BCPD should have better things to do than harass law abiding citizens.
By the way I need to thank you again for telling me about this site, very informative!
If you don't remember, I sold you the Rossi 44 spl. How have you been?

mastiff69

imported post

Have been good:) thanks for asking.
Just got off the phone with the Mayor's office, since the Chief of police are to busy to return my faxes or e-mails, which have my info on them to contact me that i have sent since the beginning around the 9 of Sept, this has been ignored for over 20 days. Ps even Faxed the Chief's Assistant with no response.

And this could have been handled by the Chief so low keyed, instead i have to involve the Mayors office and take there time to correct a problem that should have been handled in house.
Now the Mayors office has a Lut. that works for the mayors office that is supposed to get back with me this Friday the 1st of Oct.
And the police wonder why the people don't trust and or respect the people behind the badge. I can say that i used to years ago before1998, not after :cry:
The ongoing story,:banghead: If this fails then it is to the IG Office in lansing...