Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry Badges

Post imported post

This is just a thought. In Indiana you have the option of getting a lifetime permit (which I carry). Since I will have this for a lifetime, would it be considered corny to get a custom made conceal carry badge with my license number and name on it? Or would that be considered too much like impersonating a PO (which I would never do being that it would screw my employement opportunities in LE)?

Indiana issues a pink piece of paper. We are supposed to keep this for a lifetime for crying out loud. I was looking into something more durable and came across these CC badges. Just curious. Your thoughts and opinions?

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Please try the search function. This topic has been talked about AD NAUSEUM!

The answer is NO.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Soon2BaLEO wrote:
    Indiana issues a pink piece of paper. We are supposed to keep this for a lifetime for crying out loud. I was looking into something more durable and came across these CC badges. Just curious. Your thoughts and opinions?
    Friends don't let friends buy those stinkin' badges...

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO! Please try the search function. This topic has been talked about AD NAUSEUM!

The answer is NO.
    Thanks! New to the forum. I did a search and found the thread. My question is emphatically answered. It is indeed corny and I will not be getting one. I will make copies of my piece of paper and laminate them so that I don't have to pay Indiana 20 bucks everytime it gets wrinkled up and illegible.

Post imported post

Will it be legal or legitimate if it's a copy and not the real thing? Better check.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Soon2BaLEO wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:

The answer is NO.
    Thanks! New to the forum. I did a search and found the thread. My question is emphatically answered. It is indeed corny and I will not be getting one. I will make copies of my piece of paper and laminate them so that I don't have to pay Indiana 20 bucks everytime it gets wrinkled up and illegible.
    You may want to make sure that a copy of the origional card would be considered valid. Since it's a lifetime card they should be happy to re-issue it when it becomes worn.

Just a thought.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wannabe's and other lower forms of life buy those ******* badges. Everyone else with two or more working brain cells laughs at those who buy them. And if you are close to becoming a LEO you should know this sort of thing. Unless you want to make sure you have a "badge" one way or another. Sorry, I have no patience for people who succumb to the idea of carrying a badge and a gun when not a LEO.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Sorry, I have no patience for people who succumb to the idea of carrying a badge and a gun when not a LEO.
    What about the tools I've seen, on this forum, that carry handcuffs with 'em when they open carry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Sorry, I have no patience for people who succumb to the idea of carrying a badge and a gun when not a LEO.
    What about the tools I've seen, on this forum, that carry handcuffs with 'em when they open carry?
    Don't be a jack a$$. If someone wants to carry a restraining device, there is nothing wrong with it. You sound like a complete ignoramus.

I will state though, I don't recommend carrying handcuffs or handcuff keys since they may be regulated. i.e. Florida, possession of a concealed handcuff key is a felony.

Homeless man arrested facing third degree felony charges for carrying a handcuff key around his neck
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/flor...y/1224503.html

If a person must carry a restraining device, carry zip cuffs, zip ties, very flexible belt, or even a long strip of material(plastic bag, etc).

A restraining device doesn't have to be a set of handcuffs, it can be improvised.

Buying a 140USD set of ASP triple locking handcuffs you'll never use is sort of ridiculous anyway. Personally, I'd rather buy some gun upgrades or ammo if I must spend the money on personal security.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    A badge? Only if you want to be thrown in jail for impersonation. Besides, people barely pay attention to badges, %10 of the population has one I think.

Handcuffs? Now that's asinine. You can't legally use a restraining device inder any circumstance I'm aware of unless you have a badge of some sort. That is, a badge issued legally, by an authority of our republic. Not some silly toy you buy at the gun show.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    Handcuffs? Now that's asinine. You can't legally use a restraining device inder any circumstance I'm aware of unless you have a badge of some sort. That is, a badge issued legally, by an authority of our republic. Not some silly toy you buy at the gun show.
    Incorrect. You shouldn't post without at least performing a quick google search.

Do some research on citizen's arrest, thank you. Also, you can use a restraint device on someone and just detain them.

North carolina doesn't have any provisions for citizens arrest, though a person may detain another under specific rules.
    http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/!apr97.htm

Other states have laws for a citizens arrest, best to research on them since each state differs.

If you arrest someone, you're responsible for their safety. If you use a restraint device on a person and the person runs in the middle of the road only to get hit, your arse will be thoroughly roasted by the DA.

There might be states where a restraint device is unlawful to use during a citizen's arrest.
    Do research before hitting the reply button, thanks.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

The state of New York requires that security guard's badges be a plain metal rectangle so that it cannot be confused with a police officer's shield. Might be something to consider, basically a metal copy of your permit, but definitely keep it in your wallet and not on display.

Post imported post

Daddyo wrote:
    The state of New York requires that security guard's badges be a plain metal rectangle so that it cannot be confused with a police officer's shield. Might be something to consider, basically a metal copy of your permit, but definitely keep it in your wallet and not on display.
    Or better yet, don't carry a BS badge at all! It will only cause you grief in the longrun!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    I think that a non-LEO citizen walking around with handcuffs on his belt is definitely roaming in wannabe cop-land. It's embarassing, really.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    I think that a non-LEO citizen walking around with handcuffs on his belt is definitely roaming in wannabe cop-land. It's embarassing, really.
    Very much so!

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly! Unless you specifically need a pair of handcuffs for your job (i.e. security, LEO) then carrying them around with you is a definite no. no. Now, if you have teenagers at home...

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    You do realize peace officers(constables, etc) carry cuffs as well. So do bounty hunters. I'm sure correctional officers carry cuffs as well.

LEO are very different from Peace Officers.

Stop with the ridiculous, only cops/LEO statements.

Post imported post

Interesting coincidence that this was in my local paper today. Of course in this case there would have been no way for the woman to be able to see if it had said "Concealed Carry" or not. Clearly this one is not the brightest of individuals...

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...9122009/493293

Flashing badge results in charge

Man charged with impersonating a cop

Date published: 9/12/2009

BY KEITH EPPS

A Stafford man was charged with impersonating a police officer after he flashed a badge at another motorist, police said.

Sheriff's spokesman Bill Kennedy said Deputy Kurt McBride went to the area of Mountain View and Joshua roads about 7:10 p.m. Thursday after receiving a complaint about a vehicle being driven recklessly.

A woman told police that a man in a black Nissan had been driving erratically on Garrisonville Road, swerving around vehicles and cutting in and out of traffic.

She said the man cut her off near Parkway Boulevard. When she slowed down to let him pass, the woman said he flashed a silver badge at her and turned onto Joshua Road.

The woman got the license number, and deputies went to the suspect's home on Enfield Drive.

Kennedy said the suspect drove by as the deputies were approaching and was stopped in the 300 block of Monticello Drive.

Kennedy said the man initially denied having a badge, then admitted he had tossed it out of the window. Police found the badge in a ditch on Monticello Drive.

Kennedy said the suspect said he'd gotten the badge online and flashed it at the woman because she cut him off and he wanted to "teach her not to mess with people."

Ryuichi Walker, 26, was charged with impersonating a police officer and driving on a suspended license. He was jailed under a $2,500 bond.

Post imported post

Soon2BaLEO wrote:
    This is just a thought. In Indiana you have the option of getting a lifetime permit (which I carry). Since I will have this for a lifetime, would it be considered corny to...
    By the way, the image you included in your original post is hosted on a web site that is not working at the moment. This greatly slows down the load time for this thread while it tries each time to go get a .jpg file that it can't find.

http://www.collectiblebadges.com/med...mit_silver.jpg

You might want to go edit your post to remove the image, at least until the website comes back up.

TFred

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    catass wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    You do realize peace officers(constables, etc) carry cuffs as well. So do bounty hunters. I'm sure correctional officers carry cuffs as well.

LEO are very different from Peace Officers.

Stop with the ridiculous, only cops/LEO statements.
    You niggle. Your examples don't change my statement.

Do you carry cuffs IK?

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

Then go ahead, walk around playing cop and arrest people.You'll likelyget sued because you hurt some "poor" sociopath, or get charged with illegal detention or kidnapping. Just because you're doing something legal doesn't mean authorities won't be pissed and trump up charges. You can barely shoot an attacker without government making your life difficult or getting sued, think they'll be happy with you "arresting" people?:shock:

Let us know how that works out for you.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

HankT,

No, I don't carry cuffs for reasons I listed. There are plenty of items which may be used laying around can act as a restraint device. There is no "handcuff" preemption in any state afaik. In Australia, handcuffs are an offensive weapon, you'll get jail time for carrying around an offensive weapon. In PA, the law there has yet to be any case law in doing so. In Alaska, I'm not sure I haven't focused on laws except firearms since I to move somewhere else.

Who wants more crap on their duty belt anyway? The more stuff you have on a duty belt, the more stuff gets in the way.

I've a radio pouch for my Yaesu VX-7R, but I don't wear it unless I'm in some place interesting which has repeaters. There is one amateur radio tower where I live, and I can't get reach the repeater from where I live.

my duty belt is attached with:
    gun holster
    Mag pouch
    Mag light pouch
    silent keys holder
    disposable gloves pouch - I've one pair of gloves and a bag inside for any thing which may be laying around... i.e. if I need to pick up a dead seagull, fecal material from my dogs, or any contaminate which poses harm to my person.

lube holder
    cleanup kit
    condom holder

... just kidding

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Soon2BaLEO wrote:
    This is just a thought. In Indiana you have the option of getting a lifetime permit (which I carry). Since I will have this for a lifetime, would it be considered corny to...
    By the way, the image you included in your original post is hosted on a web site that is not working at the moment. This greatly slows down the load time for this thread while it tries each time to go get a .jpg file that it can't find.

You might want to go edit your post to remove the image, at least until the website comes back up.

TFred
    You have me confused with someone, TFred. I didn't post a link. You may want to check before you post. Have a nice day!

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Soon2BaLEO wrote:

TFred
    You have me confused with someone, TFred. I didn't post a link. You may want to check before you post. Have a nice day!

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    HankT,

No, I don't carry cuffs for reasons I listed. There are plenty of items which may be used laying around can act as a restraint device. There is no "handcuff" preemption in any state afaik. In Australia, handcuffs are an offensive weapon, you'll get jail time for carrying around an offensive weapon. In PA, the law there has yet to be any case law in doing so. In Alaska, I'm not sure I haven't focused on laws except firearms since I to move somewhere else.

Who wants more crap on their duty belt anyway? The more stuff you have on a duty belt, the more stuff gets in the way.

I've a radio pouch for my Yaesu VX-7R, but I don't wear it unless I'm in some place interesting which has repeaters. There is one amateur radio tower where I live, and I can't get reach the repeater from where I live.

my duty belt is attached with:
    gun holster
    Mag pouch
    Mag light pouch
    silent keys holder
    disposable gloves pouch - I've one pair of gloves and a bag inside for any thing which may be laying around... i.e. if I need to pick up a dead seagull, fecal material from my dogs, or any contaminate which poses harm to my person.

lube holder
    cleanup kit
    condom holder

... just kidding
    You wear a duty belt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast