• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duh....I just had an obvious thought.

Stoney-Point

imported post

I know there is a petition to repeal the vehicle transport of a firearm law.

Forgive my naivety ....but doesn't the prohibition of uncased firearms in a vehicle violate our right to keep and bear arms, as guaranteed by the State Constitutionammendment voted in back in '94?

Again, forgive my observation of the obvious. I can be a little slow to pick up on things.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

You are both correct (on the vehicle carry and school zone). And based upon the discusssions I've had with an attorney who litigates these kinds of cases in other states he thinks that both the vehicle carry and school zone laws are ripe for a legal challenge.

He's even willing to file a suit on our behalf, but being out of state we'd need to cover expenses.

oops, edit... He and I didn't specifically talk about the "government building" or "no handguns in places that serve alcohol or state park prohibitions, we discussed the vehicle carry and school zone.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Stoney-Point wrote:
I know there is a petition to repeal the vehicle transport of a firearm law.

Forgive my naivety ....but doesn't the prohibition of uncased firearms in a vehicle violate our right to keep and bear arms, as guaranteed by the State Constitutionammendment voted in back in '94?

Again, forgive my observation of the obvious. I can be a little slow to pick up on things.
For that matter, how about the tens of thousands of laws throughout the country that violate the 2nd Amendment that took effect in 1791? The phrase "shall not be infringed" is not vague to me.

SprayAndPray

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
You are both correct (on the vehicle carry and school zone). And based upon the discusssions I've had with an attorney who litigates these kinds of cases in other states he thinks that both the vehicle carry and school zone laws are ripe for a legal challenge.

He's even willing to file a suit on our behalf, but being out of state we'd need to cover expenses.

oops, edit... He and I didn't specifically talk about the "government building" or "no handguns in places that serve alcohol or state park prohibitions, we discussed the vehicle carry and school zone.
How much might that be?

Rbwhanson

imported post

I'd put some money in. With all these members shouldn't be an issue to get the money. Fundraiser or donation time? Let me know I'd assist or donate either way.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I realize this is a sore subject with some of you, but I would like to point out that there is a candidate that has publicly stated he will sign legislation to change these laws within the first 90 days of office should he be elected.

Seems to me that would leave our funds to be better used for something else. Like legal defense.

Just my .02

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I realize this is a sore subject with some of you, but I would like to point out that there is a candidate that has publicly stated he will sign legislation to change these laws within the first 90 days of office should he be elected.

Seems to me that would leave our funds to be better used for something else. Like legal defense.

Just my .02

I am not "sore" about Mark Todd running, I just don't think he has any real chance of a win. I have some fear that he might even break up the vote, and let a Dem. get back in. I also know that he is the wrong person for me. He may support the 2A better then any others, but that is all he would do for me. My state has more problems then just bad gun laws. I will not give up the rest of my rights, just to get back one. Under his rule, gays would have to go back in a closet, and women would have to go back to coat hangers. I can not live with that. He is just not for me...

But to give credit to him, I will also add that he is a man with values. He also looks to stand up for his values. I do respect Mark for this, and do not wish him any ill will. He is a family man, and looks to love his family (rare in Government now days).

So I might not vote for him, but I would be happy to sit down and "break bread" with him. Heck, I would love to live next to the man. He sounds like a nice person. But that still does not get a vote from me.

The process, and the talk, is all good. It is the best way to help us all cast the best, most informed vote we can. So now we have Mark,Scott, and Mark. It sure would be nice if we could make sure that one of them gets in (I still think both "Marks" will only take away votes from our best chance). I think it would change the Wisconsin gun laws once and for all, no matter who gets it (of the three).

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Well the last I heard Walker and Nuemann were talking about running together.
This way we have one who doesn't answer any questions and one who comes from a "Hunting Family."

Yeah that will sure get things done in Madison.