• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns can keep computers in your luggage safe

bblackmoor

imported post

I did not see a more relevant place to put this, but if you need to move it somewhere more appropriate, by all means feel free.

As a computer guy and a gun owner, I thought this idea was brilliant: packing your laptop with a pistol in order to keep your laptop safe.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=2295

Of course, it is vital to know all of the rules and laws when one is transporting a firearm, on an airplane or anywhere else. So do your homework first.

Then again, gun ownership in the USA is rather like an intelligence test: if you own one (or more), and stay out of jail, you pass.

bblackmoor

imported post

buster81 wrote:
I know about the bags, how many laptops?
That would depend on what else you are carrying, how big the laptops are, what other things you have beside the laptops (projectors, printers, etc.).

What's your point?

buster81

imported post

bblackmoor wrote:
buster81 wrote:
I know about the bags, how many laptops?
That would depend on what else you are carrying, how big the laptops are, what other things you have beside the laptops (projectors, printers, etc.).

What's your point?

Your answer to "who puts their laptop in their checked bag" was "People who travel with several of them."

The point was, why would one have to check any laptops even if they were travelling with several. I thought perhaps there had been a new limit addedas far ashow many could be carried on. I thought I was missing something.

If not, it seems foolish to me to check any (just my opinion).I used to travel with three of them and they all went into the cabin with me.

david.ross

imported post

People flying to furry conventions would have a head, paws, or body suit mis-routed. 2 the ranting gryphon mentioned OPs recommendation years ago, nobody traveling with firearms ever lost their fursuit again. :)

david.ross

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
I've got serious reservations about the directionour airlines are headed now. I wouldn't trust my laptop or gun in their possesssion. Rap on an airliner? I don't even think this is remotely cute or entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivjybzdXVmI

Seriously? If you don't like rap, then be quiet. Do you have a problem with his skin color? What if it was a woman singing the coined statement in country or bluegrass?

How about, you go be a steward on and airline, repeat the same phrase 5 times a day, we'll see how bored you are saying the same thing while wanting to come up with something exciting.

Alexcabbie

imported post

HEY did you hear about the buzzard who got in line to board the airliner with a dead squirrel in each claw? Yep. And the agent said: "Sorry, Sir; we only allow ONE CARRION PER PASSENGER!!:celebrate

(BA-doink!)

BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS, Once I told them I was going to Dayton Ohio but I wanted them to route my golf clubs to Cincinnatti and my video camera to Indianapolis. They said no, we can't. and I said: "WELL WHY IN HELL NOT?? YOU DID IT THE LAST TIME!!!" :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Sheriff

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
If you don't like rap, then be quiet. Do you have a problem with his skin color?
Why is everything always racist? Before asking such a question, how do you even know my skin color?

I don't like rap because MOST of it always has "cop killing" jingles in it.

Hillmann

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
People flying to furry conventions would have a head, paws, or body suit mis-routed. 2 the ranting gryphon mentioned OPs recommendation years ago, nobody traveling with firearms ever lost their fursuit again. :)

How many furrys ar there on this forum? You are the third person who has mentioned them.

david.ross

imported post

Quite a few...

If you want to enjoy some furry videos on youtube, here are a few.

WhiskeyFoxTrot's vids - Yes, he shoots while in fursuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgxrhZ9wupQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6aIdPbKQjw

There are others... can't find the full auto video I'm trying to find.

There are many furs in the military as well.
pleased.png

david.ross

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
If you don't like rap, then be quiet. Do you have a problem with his skin color?
Why is everything always racist? Before asking such a question, how do you even know my skin color?

I don't like rap because MOST of it always has "cop killing" jingles in it.
Oh okay, so... guns must be bad since they are used in so many unlawful homicides...

I remember listening to rap when I was little, and my parents trying to prevent me from doing so. I tend to come up with arguments against everything which stand. Since when did I ever listen to rap or artists which talked about killing others? NEVER. It's not right to label all music just because some "artists" don't have good intentions.

I suppose piano music must all be crap, and you don't want to associate yourself with such music? I can show you music sheets like "Ten little n*ggers", by Frank Green, which were shown as such hate, death, and racism through blackface at minstrel shows.

Not liking music because of a small portion of the artists is absolutely ridiculous.

Now, I'd rather use a keyboard or piano to play music from Bach, Beethoven, Jazz(Fats Waller , etc).