• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MASSIVE ND in PA...

AbNo

imported post

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Pa-man-fires-cannon-hits-neighbors-house-57650817.html

A Pennsylvania history buff who recreates firearms from old wars accidentally fired a 2-pound cannonball through the wall of his neighbor's home in Uniontown, Pa.

William Maser, 54, fired a cannonball Wednesday evening outside his home in Georges Township that ricocheted and hit a house 400 yards away. The cannonball, about two inches in diameter, smashed through a window and a wall before landing in a closet. Authorities said nobody was hurt.

State police charged Maser with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

No one answered the phone Friday at Maser's home. He told WPXI-TV that recreating 19th-century cannons is a longtime hobby. He said he is sorry and he will stop shooting them on his property, about 35 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
Sorry, just thought that was funny. :D

TFred

imported post

reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct?
Does that mean there are no laws against firing a cannon in Pennsylvania?

:shock:

I might see the endangerment, and the disorderly conduct is a stretch, but criminal mischief? Wouldn't one have to intend to do this to be criminal? Stupid, maybe, but criminal? IANAL, and I don't even live in Pennsylvania, so I guess it depends on how the law reads.

TFred

david.ross

imported post

happy.png
I'm glad nobody was hurt. Hopefully the neighbor will just allow the fellow to pay for damages and that is that. I'm sure he'll get the charges dropped or take some type of summary offense plea deal.

AbNo

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
happy.png
I'm glad nobody was hurt. Hopefully the neighbor will just allow the fellow to pay for damages and that is that. I'm sure he'll get the charges dropped or take some type of summary offense plea deal.
See, if I had a neighbor that made cannons, and he shot a hole in my wall on accident, I'm make him pay to get my wall fixed, AND make me a cannon.

Then we'd call it even. :celebrate