• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Market Square

ichigo

imported post

I am not sure if this is an appropriate forum to share businesses that do not support the2A but I found out this weekend Market Square in Salt Lake City has a no gun policy (LEO exception). It isnot posted. I was asked to take my gun to my vehicle while I shopped. No stereotypes please, I am not thrilled I shop there to begin with. I was there with my pregnant wife and kids for a little over 5 minutes before being approached by security. I requested the gentleman walk me to the exit while I put the items in my basket back on the shelves. I made sure I didn't make a huge scene but made certain he understood I would not be returning. I will send a letter with my disapproval of their policy and protection.
My 5 yr oldasked why are we leaving so soon and I told her we are being asked to leavebecause daddywouldn't takehis gun off. It's the way I am. Take it or leave it. If I didn't live by principle I would conceal and shop there anyway.

-banki-

bmeldrum

imported post

ichigo wrote:
I am not sure if this is an appropriate forum to share businesses that do not support the2A
I personally like to know which businesses allow or don't allow carry so I know where I can take my money. So this information is very useful. .

Market Square/NPSwas mentioned in another thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/27112.html

also there was a link sent awhile back it's kind of interesting: it has listings of those friendly and those not...

http://friendorfoe.us/