Thread: WOOT! Finally OC'ed for the first time today!

Post imported post

Yes after having a CPL for over 10 years I took the plunge and OC'ed!

I was carrying my Kimber 1911 .45 stainless gold match in my shoulder rig. "Walked" 5 blocks to my local 7-11 and bought a pack of smokes. 2 Shoreline cops drove by me and didn't even give me two glances.

The clerk didn't even really notice, but he's been working the same shift for 3 years and always new I CC'ed.

Anyway, thanks to all of you on the forum for providing such honest insights, and actual links to laws so I gained the confidence to actually exercise my rights.

-Scott

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Post imported post

Congratulations and keep it on doing this more often.

Post imported post

Congrats!
    It isn't always easy, but it's nice when it starts easy!
    And, anything worth keeping is worth fighting for- your constitutional rights, in this case.

Post imported post

Congratulations, and thank you.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Sweet! Another convert comes out of the closet! :-)
    I love to read "first time" posts.

Post imported post

Congrats!!

And just out of curiosity, what kind of shoulder rig do you have? I also have a Kimber and am looking for a decent should rig setup.

Thanks.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

It is very liberating! Thanks and enjoy.

Post imported post

Hey Kenshin... My shoulder rig is a fairly cheap uncle mikes job. Its not the best but it holds my Kimber and Beretta nicely. Although i wouldnt recommend it. It was an impulse buy on my part because I was having trouble finding a shoulder rig that would fit my needs. I'm left handed.

Post imported post

Congrats, welcome to the next level of exercising your God given rights.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Post imported post

ScottyDog wrote:
    Yes after having a CPL for over 10 years I took the plunge and OC'ed!

I was carrying my Kimber 1911 .45 stainless gold match in my shoulder rig. "Walked" 5 blocks to my local 7-11 and bought a pack of smokes. 2 Shoreline cops drove by me and didn't even give me two glances.

The clerk didn't even really notice, but he's been working the same shift for 3 years and always new I CC'ed.

Anyway, thanks to all of you on the forum for providing such honest insights, and actual links to laws so I gained the confidence to actually exercise my rights.

-Scott

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Scottydog,
    I'll just add to your post if you don't mind. My OC has been the usual "baby steps". OC outside, getting gas and the like.
    Today was hot and sunny so said the heck with it and OC'd into my first business as a customer.

As you, was carrying my Kimber .45 [Ultra SIS]. Uneventful in the store, but had to laugh as I was leaving. First time, and just as I was coming out of the store a Sno County deputy cruised slowly past me. I have no idea if it was pure coincidence or if someone called. I actually had to turn around and go back in to pick up something I forgot!

Congratulations on your experience:celebrate

Cheers,
    Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president